+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Clinics with Overseas Donor Sperm

DH and I have been TTC for a year with IVF ICSI but have had no success due to sperm quality. We're now at the point where we need to look at Donor Sperm options, probably from overseas to reduce wait times.

I actually haven't been able to find sources that list which clinics offer this service! I was hoping people could share their knowledge or experience of IVF clinics that have o/s donor sperm programs.

So far I have come across:
    - Flinders Fertility, Adelaide
    - Fertility First, Sydney
    - Fertility East, Sydney
    - IVF Australia, Sydney, NSW & QLD
    - Monash IVF, QLD only
    - Life Fertility, Brisbane
    - City Fertility, SA, NSW & QLD VIC?
    Last edited by Buffie; 25-04-2015 at 19:40. Reason: Updated with clinics friendly users have PMd!

Thanks
    Reviews
    City fertility Adelaide have overseas donors

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    They are many in VIC, QLD and NSW.

City fertility is another. I have spoken to the one in Melbourne. The donor coordinator is lovely. Fertility first probably won't be your choice because of the way they set it up and if you r picky about physical characteristic.

Some clinics have a wait list despite having importation. Even they have importation doesn't mean that they have stock. Importation comes in batch. If you miss the batch, there is a chance that there is none when u r selecting. Been there. I assume you are looking for a donor that matches more or less your DH physical characteristic? If that's the case, the lesson I have learned is that once you narrow down which clinic you want to go, you should call the clinic donor coordinator and ask if they have a donor with this and that feature. Otherwise, it would be a disappointment to sign up and can't find a matching one. Some clinics are not willing to tell you a lot about their donor list, though. Pm me if you want to know more. I had called many clinics in the past.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Buffie  (25-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow such awesome advice already! Thank you! *Really* great advice about the importation.

bbhope if it's OK I might PM you to ask about your experience calling then clinics. Keen to get your perspective on that as we'll have to start travelling for treatment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi OP. In my experience, or at least in my experience reading along, it seems to really vary state to state and even clinic to clinic. Don't assume there will be a wait, even for local donors. In WA there seems to be a wait, but in Qld for example, i dont think there is a wait, even for local donors - at some clinics at least. Good advice from PP re calling clinics' donor coordinators. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    Hi OP. In my experience, or at least in my experience reading along, it seems to really vary state to state and even clinic to clinic. Don't assume there will be a wait, even for local donors. In WA there seems to be a wait, but in Qld for example, i dont think there is a wait, even for local donors - at some clinics at least. Good advice from PP re calling clinics' donor coordinators. Good luck!
    Thanks JustJaq Yep we are in WA, hence looking at travelling Interstate for treatment, simply due to the waiting lists at present.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Clinics with Overseas Donor Sperm

I went through Fertility East in Sydney. It was great, no wait, got to choose from about 15 at that time. Pricey but worked for me.

They were mostly American with some European eg Swiss.
    Last edited by IBelieve; 25-04-2015 at 21:16.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Fertility East

lol I am donating my sperm to fertility East tomorrow. I am glad they have a good reputation. I hope I can help someone out.

I'm very new to this. I am donating my sperm to fertility East in Bondi junction. I'm 28 years old, hold a degree in business and my family and relatives are in the areas of law, Medicine and engineering. Sperm should be available in 3 months after quarantine.