+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey82 View Post
    My 10 month old is BF right before every sleep at home, but on her 1 daycare day a week she refuses milk (no biggie, drinks water/eats food), the carers do my routine of zip into sleeping bag, give dummy & pat her back a few times.
    Took about 3 weeks for her to work out that's just how it's done at daycare. She usually sleeps more at daycare now than she does at home!
    I was amazed but babies don't take long to work stuff like that out 😊
    So did she not sleep at all at CC for 3 weeks?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For the first few weeks at CC it was hit and miss with sleeps, mainly she had shorter naps eg: 2 x 45 min.
    As they kept the other sleep cues the same she went off to sleep ok, but took her a while to learn how to resettle in the different environment.

We also did shorter days at daycare for the first few weeks so she could have a little nap at home in the late arvo if necessary.
    Now she usually has a 2 hour morning nap & 1 hr arvo nap, which she rarely does at home.
    I found the carers really good with settling her, if she wouldn't sleep they would try again a bit later.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (25-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My 20 month old DD is fed to sleep at home 99% of the time. she's been at child care 3 days a week for about 3 weeks now. At first they were using our pram to get her to sleep on my advice, as this is how DH does it if I'm not around, but this week they tried the cot and she lay down to sleep. I was amazed. She's not done this for me since she was tiny. So think she just knows she has to do it there. She'll only sleep for 30 mins all day there though so gets really upset when she wakes. Hoping she'll start sleeping longer soon! It's been a very hard transition for her. But is starting to settle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This bub is only 10mths but had similar thing with my oldest at 1. I was so worried about her day naps as she never slept anywhere but boob but she just got in step with the other babies. Hopefully that will happen for you! My current issue is bub needs boob to get back to sleep eventhough goes down well sleepy but not asleep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies everybody. I feel a lot better that whatever I do, dd will probably be fine sleeping at childcare without my boobs!
    That being said I think I'll still have a gentle attempt at transitioning her onto a different settling method over the next couple of months. If I'm being brutally honest with myself, it isn't just about childcare. I want dh to be able to put dd down for naps or for the night too. I'm ready to have a little more freedom, or at least the illusion of freedom. Anyway I might keep updating this thread with my progress in case anyone is interested. I'll start once dd is over the cold she currently has.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (26-04-2015),Freyamum  (26-04-2015),VicPark  (26-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I'll keep watching for tips! I too am tired of being the only one to settle my DS. I completely sympathise!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (26-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    I'll keep watching for tips! I too am tired of being the only one to settle my DS. I completely sympathise!
    Me too! But when she grizzles just as I'm about to fall asleep I just can't stop myself from putting her in our bed and popping her onto boob - so I'm not committed!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Transitioning away from feeding to sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Freyamum View Post
    Me too! But when she grizzles just as I'm about to fall asleep I just can't stop myself from putting her in our bed and popping her onto boob - so I'm not committed!
    This is where I fear I will fail. I'm hoping I can get away with changing how I put her to sleep without having to stop using feeding to resettle during the night. With our current rate of night waking I'm not sure I can realistically change that at this point. Oh well, we'll see what happens!
    Last edited by BettyV; 26-04-2015 at 16:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay so I started to introduce new sleep cues yesterday. As I settled dd for each sleep I gently patted and hummed "twinkle twinkle" while I fed her. I still fed all the way to sleep. I'll stick with this for a week and then I'll move to removing her from the breast as she starts to drift off. I'm trying to loosely follow the pinky McKay approach. So making one small change at a time and leaving a week between each step. Any distress for dd and I'll move back a step. My end goal is to have her able to settle in her cot with just patting and humming.
    Fingers crossed!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (28-04-2015)