+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Some questions for parents with young ADHD children.

* When did you 'suspect' that your child was different to others?For me it was when my son was 15m old and it became more obvious when his brother was born (I compared his brothers behaviour to his and my anxiety when going out. * Did your child show signs of ADHD at Childcare / kinder and then it peaked out of control at school?For me it did, Ds was having trouble being friendly at cc/kinder and would often knock over blocks, snatch, push, ride his bike into others, preferred to just play out side all the time. * How is you child at the shops, doctors etc?For me Ds is usually ok on his own, but extra silly with his brother. Sometimes (and he's 5!), he'll climb the counter of the bakery or if at the doctors, try to recline the bed, turn on the overhead light and touch all objects in site. At OT and speech he is great at doing the therapy, he will sit quite well because it's structured and 1 on 1, however once the session is over he starts to get really silly and open doors, touch things in site (on their desk etc). * How are they at home, with daily tasks? For my son, I have to admit it's mainly sibling rivalry that we have trouble with. On his own he's pretty good and does his own thing. He'll get dressed when it's time ( a few reminders like most kids), eat dinner (sit the whole time), read his reader for school etc. He'll even go to bed without complaints. If his little brother is around, we quite often have war, they just argue all the time and fight over silly stuff. He's not that interested in "imaginative" play, so has never really been into Lego. He enjoys playdoh, so I try to encourage him to create with that. * How are they at school?I'll come back for this. Please answer if you have time.
    Last edited by 2BlueBirds; 24-04-2015 at 19:58.