+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by RuffledPansy View Post
    Well just got back from Dr my left arm was 170/97....right arm 178/96.....heart rate 85min.....he has put me on Olmetec once a day until Wednesday then I go back for checkup. ..
    It sounds like your Dr is on to it. I'm so glad you've gone to see someone and are on the road to having a stable BP 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    I have high blood pressure, and I have never had any symptoms. once or twice I have sort of felt my heart raceing, but it has only happened very few times. the doctor has put me on medication and I have regular checks with my doctor. the chemist can do a blood pressure check free of charge. marie.
    Are there any changes that you have made in your life ..???

I guess now that I'm on medication ...what now ...any do's or don'ts. ....???
    TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've been on meds for 8 years. My issue is mainly diastolic but with meds is completely under control. I don't smoke, drink excessively and generally not an overweight person. My diagnosis is not based on lifestyle factors it's hereditary.

Have you worn the 24 hour halter? Ask your dr. If you are overweight then this can be a factor in high BP that is not based on any other hereditary factors. Most people can lower their bp by losing weight, I can't. Also beetroot and celery may help but always under dr supervision combined with meds. Aldo check out the DASH diet.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi ruffledpansy, I have joined a gym and I have lost some weight. my high blood pressure is a bit of both lifestyle and family history. my mum had it and my sister has it too. I have also had high cholesterol and the two things together are not good. I have lost some weight and my medication for cholesterol has been reduced. I have been having regular bp checks at the chemist as my doctor wants to reduce the bp med as soon as she can. I don't think there is much cause for concern in being on bp med for a long time, but if you can do some things to change your lifestyle and get healthier, then why not do that.? that is how I see it. my sister is tiny, really petite, no extra weight at all, she doesn't smoke, and yet she has high bod pressure, so it can happen to anyone. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I only have high blood pressure due to pregnancy. Some days there's no symptoms at all & others I get a racing heart, bad headache & just feel unwell.