Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Who had high blood pressure???

What symptoms do you get...???
    TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    High blood pressure is one of those things that doesn't really have symptoms, which is why it is so dangerous.

I've had it in my early twenties (medical issue - dangerously high due to a narrowed renal artery) and during pregnancy. On both occasions I had no clue until my BP was actually tested. You just feel normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That should be has.....
    Quote Originally Posted by RuffledPansy View Post
    What symptoms do you get...???
    TIA

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have high blood pressure, and I have never had any symptoms. once or twice I have sort of felt my heart raceing, but it has only happened very few times. the doctor has put me on medication and I have regular checks with my doctor. the chemist can do a blood pressure check free of charge. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I've had high BP and have been medicated for it for over 15 years. The only time I've ever felt anything has been when it was extremely high and then I get a headache. Otherwise no symptoms at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I've had high BP and have been medicated for it for over 15 years. The only time I've ever felt anything has been when it was extremely high and then I get a headache. Otherwise no symptoms at all.
    I'm getting the same thing as in the headaches I've had one for three days now ....I have to get out of the mind set that going on medication is me being defeated. ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have to get out of the mind set that going on medication is me being defeated. ...
    You do.
    High blood pressure that goes untreated will damage your kidneys and your heart. I don't want to sound harsh but as someone that spends 5 hours three times a week hooked up to a machine in order to stay alive, I would urge you to go to your GP and get this sorted.
    Looking after your health isn't defeatist. It's wise.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (28-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You do.
    High blood pressure that goes untreated will damage your kidneys and your heart. I don't want to sound harsh but as someone that spends 5 hours three times a week hooked up to a machine in order to stay alive, I would urge you to go to your GP and get this sorted.
    Looking after your health isn't defeatist. It's wise.
    How does it work are there different strengths ...one tablet or are there different types ...are there any side effects. .???
    I'm heading down go the Dr as soon as I finish my cupper....after reading this...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    How does it work are there different strengths ...one tablet or are there different types ...are there any side effects. .???
    I'm heading down go the Dr as soon as I finish my cupper....after reading this...
    First the GP will need to determine whether you do have hypertension (high BP) and for that to happen you'll need to have BP readings done regularly for a period of time.
    If you do have consistently high BP then you may need to be medicated - sometimes dietary and lifestyle changes can have a big impact in normalising BP - there are different medications with different dosages and your GP will help work out what is best for you.
    Let us know how you get on xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    First the GP will need to determine whether you do have hypertension (high BP) and for that to happen you'll need to have BP readings done regularly for a period of time.
    If you do have consistently high BP then you may need to be medicated - sometimes dietary and lifestyle changes can have a big impact in normalising BP - there are different medications with different dosages and your GP will help work out what is best for you.
    Let us know how you get on xx
    Well just got back from Dr my left arm was 170/97....right arm 178/96.....heart rate 85min.....he has put me on Olmetec once a day until Wednesday then I go back for checkup. ..
    Last edited by RuffledPansy; 24-04-2015 at 14:22.