+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post

I do question the motives of parents who brag about having no screen time for their kids - there are other ways to build yourself up without trying to make others feel inferior.
    A lady told me recently she doesn't turn on the tv at night until their ds goes to bed. I thought...hmm...if we did that we often would never get to watch any TV!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    A lady told me recently she doesn't turn on the tv at night until their ds goes to bed. I thought...hmm...if we did that we often would never get to watch any TV!
    I always have the tv on whenever we are home, but I never have it on anything but kids' shows until the kids are in bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 16 month old obsessed with watching TV!! Help!!

Haven't bothered reading comments cause I'm sure there are a few Judgey McJudgeypants out there that would just irritate me lol. My DD is 20 months. She has the TV for about 15mins while she eats her brekky, 15 mins at snack time, 30 mins at lunch and then another 15 mins for afternoon snack time. She only ever gets ABC2 or a Disney film. The rest of the time the TV is off. If she starts trying to turn it on (which she will occasionally do) I just put some music on and we do mad dancing for a bit - that usually diverts her attention. Otherwise we go for a walk to the letterbox etc just to remove her from the lure of the TV.

If you can't distract your LO from the TV while in the house then use it as an opportunity to go outside and play or (in case of awful weather) go into another part of the house. My DD likes to empty out one of the kitchen cupboards (I've made it the safe one but she still thinks she's being cheeky lol) or rearrange my shoes etc. just find something that works for you :-)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

DT75  (30-04-2015)