+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Its about 300$ per embryo.
    With me the transfered one. Tested 2. Unfortunatly the one they transfered didnt work. And only one of my other 2 was normal. Its a boy im also having a biopsy/scratch thursday which apperntly increases chanses.
    I figure u may aswell do everything u can to help. If u dont u will always be wondering what if. And then want to do it next time.
    With me in the case it would be another epu. Whichbi dont look forward too. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lisa Marie
    Oh. My FS test on day 5. Then freeze coz takes two weeks to get results come back. Im glad I did it. I was an unluck one.
    12 eggs
    5 mature for fertilisation
    3 made it.
    1 transfered -Chem
    1 missing chromosone 16
    1 normal *(a boy) fresh early transfer next month

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lisamarie booo side effects are nasty
    Kiki1 fx for AF turning up soon!
    Rarah how are you feeling?

Start date should be around
    10th May With a transfer 28th May. I have very short cycles these days (21days) so if I naturally O it will be earlier. Murphys law though I will have a 38 day cycle and scanning forever lol!

I am triggering tonight and doing the BD this weekend just in case we have a miracle. My scan yesterday showed a realky good lining and FS said lets just have a go I dont have any weight on it though. We have been TTC naturally again for 8 months with no result.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    I'm technically starting cycle two. First was cancelled (poor responder) so trying with higher dosage this time and fingers crossed I make it to egg collection. At this stage EP week of 17th of May.. I've been put on a melatonin supplement this time also.

Good luck everyone! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    OK I will definitely ask my FS about it, I looked up the cost (google) and it said about 5k per cycle so I guess it depends how many you get, we had 6 fertilised last time with only 3 make it, 2 failed, 1 still frozen. I guess it saves money in the long run.

I'm not looking forward to another EPU either @sarah82 :-/ 2nd one 3 1/2 months, cant be good for the body.. but I figured if I get a pregnancy from my last Frozen embryo I would be trying for another in a few years time and will be a few years older so probably best to freeze sooner. I have heard of people having scratches but the FS has never suggested it. Is it only if you have endo?

I am on an anti-inflammatory diet, and I already have a damaged stomach due to gluten/wheat intolerance so I haven't eaten that for years. Does everyone else steer clear of alcohol and certain foods? Not sure if I am being to strict on myself or whether it all really does affect the adenomyosis.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I dont have endo. I just cant seen to hold a pregnancy. And FS seems to think I have killer cells. So a sample will be sent off to get tested. And ill be on 2 types of meds to hlep it.
    5k seems alot. But definatly ask. I am with repromed and was only $300 per embie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lisa Marie. I was strict a month prior to epu. Had red meat and veg 6nights a week. I only drank water. 2.5-3litres a day. (And i never drink water. Think its eeek. ) ate fruit nearly every day. Got atleast 8hrs sleep a night.
    I think I was strict. But wanted the best possible chance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @NizzleRizzle thanks for setting up the new thread!

Thank you for everyone's helpful advice ahead of our meeting with FS yesterday. It was really good to sit down with her and go through everything. Obviously no real way of knowing why the fresh didn't work but was good to talk through options.

She has agreed to let us transfer both remaining embryos for the frozen cycle (under some duress!). We talked through PGD but at $3k per batch it's not worth it for the 2 we have this time. I had bloods for a karyotype done yesterday so we can start it for the next epu as results take 6 weeks to come back. She's also testing my thyroid/vitamin d just in case.

We also talked through starting on a much higher dose for stims next time do hopefully we'll get more embryos from that.

Fingers crossed we won't need it and we get our miracle baby from the frozen transfer!

Off now for a nice relaxing holiday to take some time off from it all and enjoy some cocktails on the beach!!

Best of luck to all and hopefully there will be some BFPs when I get back

9. The Following User Says Thank You to maxinem2112 For This Useful Post:

BecT  (27-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lisa Maria uggh syneral!! Bring on May indeed! Pgd costs 3k at my clinic for up to 4 eggs!! Hate how there is such a big diff in cost from clinic to clinic for the same thing... I'll still go ahead though. I don't want to waste time and go thru the suffering of a failed cycle by transferring embies which never stood a chance. Re diet, I have endo so follow strict endo diet (basically vegan and no gluten). I've noticed a massive improvement personally, no pain ir inflammation! I think reducing inflammation is key so u are on the right track haven't talked to my fs ant endo scratch but I agree with @Sarah, try everything u can to avoid what ifs and then only to do later on down the track.
    @kiki1 welcome! I'm also waiting for AF (due ard 5 May). I'm doing a natural FET cycle. Is this your first cycle?
    @Rarah hi! I remember u from the March thread. Slow and steady might be key to success this time! Are u trying anything new this cycle? Hope u get lots of lovely eggs on Wed x

Lol @Dancingbuttery I am doing the same thing this month just in case! You just never know! I'm expecting AF ard the 5th but as u said Murphy's law, I bet I won't get it until the 15th!! Lol

@Ky kel welcome! Good luck with this cycle. Hope the melatonin makes a difference and u get lots of lovely eggs! What protocol are u doing? Are u feeling any diff to last time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @maxinem. So good to hear ur fs let u transfer both frosties!! That's awesome. Agree that pgd doesn't make sense then. U must be at the same clinic as I am which also charges 3k for the testing!! Melbourne? Good to hear that ur getting more tests done but as u said hopefully u won't need it! Enjoy ur holiday!