+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is it braxton hicks??

Hi mummies,
    im 30 weeks and lately I've been having what I'm guessing are braxton hicks, the only difference from my first pregnancy is I don't remember them being this painful it feels like I'm going into labour, they aren't regular and come and go as they please but they can stop me in my tracks, is it normal for them to be so strong and this early on??? Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had around 5 a day from 28-35w then 10 a day from 35w
    Maybe one a day stopped me in my tracks and felt like early labour

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Is it braxton hicks??

I get the same thing. My BH are very painful and take my breath away sometimes. It's usually worse if I have been busy, at work or over doing things a bit. (I get more at night). They started at about 27 weeks last pregnancy but started earlier at about 24 weeks this time. (Currently 29+3). I have brought it up with my OB and he has told me I have what looks like 'irritable uterus'. My sister also had it in her pregnancies. I was told so long as they don't start to be regular or increase in intensity to try taking it easy until they pass. Someone also told me they can also be worse if you are dehydrated. So my first step is to stop or sit and have a big glass of water. Hope that's helps x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCarts View Post
    I get the same thing. My BH are very painful and take my breath away sometimes. It's usually worse if I have been busy, at work or over doing things a bit. (I get more at night). They started at about 27 weeks last pregnancy but started earlier at about 24 weeks this time. (Currently 29+3). I have brought it up with my OB and he has told me I have what looks like 'irritable uterus'. My sister also had it in her pregnancies. I was told so long as they don't start to be regular or increase in intensity to try taking it easy until they pass. Someone also told me they can also be worse if you are dehydrated. So my first step is to stop or sit and have a big glass of water. Hope that's helps x
    Good to know I'm not alone! I am high risk and just a tad concerned, did you end up going full term with your first bub? I'm worried I might go into pre term labour

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I get really worried too. I had ruptured membranes at 36+6 but did not start contractions on my own surprisingly. Ended up being induced 12 hr after my waters broke and delivered my DS at exactly 37 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's been 9yrs since I've been pregnant so it's like its all new to me and this preg has definitely been a struggle a lot different from last time, 37weeks I could handle I don't think I'd want him coming any earlier then that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't stress, but take it easy and just get it checked properly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    Don't stress, but take it easy and just get it checked properly.
    Thanks will do

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got to 39w4d after 12 weeks of sometimes painful bh

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had regular BH from around 20 weeks. They were worse when I was dehydrated.

My DS was born healthy at 39 + 6.