+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    hope things are tracking along well for you all.

I'm wondering after reading around about clomid what days you have been asked to take it?

My OBGYN has told me to take it from CD 2 but I have seen some people told from CD 5..... Any thoughts on the difference?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @WaitRose that sucks about the breakouts. I've never had provera before so can't give you any insight into it but I would assume it's normal as it would mess with your hormones. Fingers crossed it's a sign it's working!
    @Possie7 I take mine from cd2 - cd5 I think I remember reading somewhere that it has something to do with your luteal phase as to when the dr prescribes it. I think if you have a short luteal phase then they prescribe it later as it lengthens it by making you O later or something like that, don't quote me though, lol.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to louise81 For This Useful Post:

WaitRose  (07-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Possie7 View Post
    I'm wondering after reading around about clomid what days you have been asked to take it?

My OBGYN has told me to take it from CD 2 but I have seen some people told from CD 5..... Any thoughts on the difference?
    My FS has told me CD4-8 (5 days in total). I don't know the reason for the difference, I'd assumed it was down to FS preference but Louise's explanation sounds plausible too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry mine is 2-6 also 5 days in total.
    I did a bit of googling last night and it seems like it could also be dr preference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi is anyone still about here, I think my first month of clomid has been unsuccessful. Well partially, everything worked as it should except we didn't fall pg. bugger. Feeling optimistic about month two, but as my obgyn was away for blood test and scan (and I had other dr and nurse give me results) I'm not too sure what my dosage will be next time, I only took 25mg this first time, which made a healthy follicle and I had a great progesterone level. Do you think the dr will up the dosage next time or leave it the same? I need to call him to find out once AF arrives(which hopefully isn't tmrw!) how has this gone for other ladies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default PCOS and Clomid

Hi is anyone still about here, I think my first month of clomid has been unsuccessful. Well partially, everything worked as it should except we didn't fall pg. bugger. Feeling optimistic about month two, but as my obgyn was away for blood test and scan (and I had other dr and nurse give me results) I'm not too sure what my dosage will be next time, I only took 25mg this first time, which made a healthy follicle and I had a great progesterone level. Do you think the dr will up the dosage next time or leave it the same? I need to call him to find out once AF arrives(which hopefully isn't tmrw!) how has this gone for other ladies?
    Pretty much same thing happened to me but I was on 50mg. Had great prog levels and ovulated on day 14... Got my BFP round 2 so don't give up! I was just happy that I ovulated while on it as I read some women are resistant to it. I will say that it did lengthen my cycle so instead of getting AF on day 28 it came on day 32 of first round.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Anasi For This Useful Post:

Possie7  (19-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Anasi View Post
    Pretty much same thing happened to me but I was on 50mg. Had great prog levels and ovulated on day 14... Got my BFP round 2 so don't give up! I was just happy that I ovulated while on it as I read some women are resistant to it. I will say that it did lengthen my cycle so instead of getting AF on day 28 it came on day 32 of first round.
    Thanks for responding! I hope my cycle isn't late, it would do my head in! Did you stay on the same dosage for both cycles @Anasi? Hope your pregnancy has been going well so far! I'm so optimistic thanks to your story! Month two will be the magic month!!!!fingers crossed!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Possie7 For This Useful Post:

Anasi  (19-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default PCOS and Clomid

Thanks for responding! I hope my cycle isn't late, it would do my head in! Did you stay on the same dosage for both cycles @Anasi? Hope your pregnancy has been going well so far! I'm so optimistic thanks to your story! Month two will be the magic month!!!!fingers crossed!!!
    It did do my head in but my OB told me that it could extend it so I was prepared. It has been good so far knock on wood, 16 weeks on wed!
    I honestly didn't think it would work so quickly neither of us expected it at all. As I said before I was just happy that my body ovulated with it. Yes same dosage as he was happy with my blood results. I also did my temps in the second round which I think helped. Stay positive!! And keep us posted on how u go.

Ps any sigh of AF yet??

Thanks
    Reviews
    did your AF show up naturally after ovulating? I have just got my script for provera and clomid to start.. well as soon as we are ready.. but wondering if I will need to take the provera after each round or if my body with respond to ovulation? I little scared to actually take this step and really start "trying" so to speak..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine came on its own I didn't have to take provera. It's scary isn't it?!