+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Are Clearblue digital tests reliable?

Hi everyone!

I tested late last night and got a BFN on a FR test. I did notice a very very faint 2nd line within around 10 minutes of doing the test but it was so faint I didn't give it much thought. This morning though I thought I'd try the clearblue digital and it came back with 'pregnant 1-2' with 2nd morning urine. This afternoon at around 3pm I did another FR and it is so so faint that its barely there. I don't know what to think of that? Especially since FR is supposed to be the Rolls Royce of pregnancy tests and digitals supposedly don't pick up low HCG levels. My pregnancy with my daughter I had nice strong lines 2 days before AF. AF is due tomorrow.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Gracie's Mum; 21-04-2015 at 18:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I got bfp on digi with 2 of my pregnancies waaaay before FRER picked it up. With dd3 i was 6-7dpo, had a barely visible line on internet cheapie, did a digital that arv and got pregnant 1-2. FRER didnt come up with even a faint line til 4 or so days later. Dd4 i was about 9-10dpo and FRER was negative. Did digital in the arv and pregnant 1-2 came up. Again was a few days before FRER showed a positive.

Dd3 is now 2.5 and dd4 is almost 1 i would say you are definitely pregnant, congrats!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (21-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhhh that is so awesome and comforting to hear SheWarrior! Everything I read on Google is saying FR is the ultimate and will pick up HCG much before a digi can! My FR is visible but so faint you need to almost squint. I was shocked that the digi said Pregnant! They must be pretty sensitive? I can't seem to find how sensitive they are anywhere on the packet or information pamphlet. Yay. I so hope this is the real thing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's really interesting to hear about the FRER, I bought a pack of them because I had heard they were the ones and would pick up a pregnancy quicker, but maybe I should get a digital too! Waiting until the weekend to test but if BFN I am going to TRYYYY to wait another week. What's the earliest you can normally get a BFP on a digital?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ElleDee View Post
    That's really interesting to hear about the FRER, I bought a pack of them because I had heard they were the ones and would pick up a pregnancy quicker, but maybe I should get a digital too! Waiting until the weekend to test but if BFN I am going to TRYYYY to wait another week. What's the earliest you can normally get a BFP on a digital?
    That's what I have always heard too. I guess my digital test was more sensitive. It could have been the wee I used too. Will retest tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome, good luck @Gracie's Mum! Let us know how you go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    The clear blue threshold is 10 and the FRER is 5 so you probably just have an early hcg level which is why it looks faint on the FRER. Should get stronger over the next few days. If AF is due tomorrow perhaps you ovulated later than you thought and have only just implanted. Good luck!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (21-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    So after saying Pregnant 1-2 yesterday, I just tried another one with FMU and it says Not pregnant?? 😣

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie's Mum View Post
    So after saying Pregnant 1-2 yesterday, I just tried another one with FMU and it says Not pregnant?? 😣
    That can happen if your FMU is only after an hour or two of sleep...on the other hand, some people perversely get a better line in the afternoon without having waited the hours overnight.

My suggestion would be to wait another day or so and test. What you want is a nice strong line so give it a bit more time to develop.