+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Student Midwife looking to Support Women in Brisbane!

Hi there ladies!

My name is Emily and I am a third year midwifery and nursing student from the University of Queensland. As a requirement of my degree, I am involved within the continuity of care experience program, which allows students to support women throughout their pregnancy, by attending antenatal and postnatal visits as well as being present during labour and birth.

The continuity of care experience does not replace your doctor or midwife, however provides you with a familiar face throughout your pregnancy journey and someone who can be there during your appointments. This is completely voluntary and if you decide to take part, you are able to withdraw if you feel it isn't for you. As my course requires me to follow the progress of 20 women through their pregnancies over the 4 years of my dual degree; to follow the progress of your pregnancy would be a huge help! All information is confidential - your name would only be on the consent form

I am currently based at the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, however I can attend other hospitals in Brisbane. I am also willing to travel to Ipswich and Toowoomba as well!

If you think this may be for you or have any further questions, I am happy to provide you with more info!!
    Thank you,

Emily

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Emily, I am looking for (and appreciative of) support during my 2nd pregnancy (I'll be attending RWBH). l was unable to PM you but if you're available would you please PM me? Thank you

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Roomfortwo For This Useful Post:

emilyslack10  (23-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi There!
    Thank you so much for replying and I would absolutely love to follow your pregnancy! Thank you for allowing me to do so! If you would like to send me an email at emily.slack10@gmail.com, I can email you some more information. We can talk that way and go from there! Look forward to hearing from you! Emily

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Emily, I am keen to know more. I am currently 13 weeks and will be giving birth at the Wesley. This is my 3rd baby, however my DH will not be able to attend this birth, so would love some extra support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi There!
    Thank you so much for replying and I would absolutely love to follow your pregnancy! Thank you for allowing me to do so! If you would like to send me an email at emily.slack10@gmail.com, I can email you some more information. We can talk that way and go from there! Look forward to hearing from you! Emily

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Emily, are you still looking for people to follow? I'm currently 12 weeks with my 2nd and due December 18 so I'm not sure if that will fit with your course requirements. I've just been accepted into the Birth Centre at RBWH again and loved the support from the student midwife I had last time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi There!
    I am so sorry about the late reply and I hope you would still have me! Thank you so much for replying and I would absolutely love to follow your pregnancy! Thank you for allowing me to do so! If you would like to send me an email at emily.slack10@gmail.com, I can email you some more information. We can talk that way and go from there! Look forward to hearing from you! Emily