+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default NSW severe weather check ins and updates

Everyone ok???

Its been crazy here, the storm is the equivalent to a category 2 tropical cyclone.

We've lost part of out fence and one of our trees is likely to fall given the roots are surfacing with every slam the wind gives it.

Its really scary! So many trees have fallen, so many live powerlines have been knocked down. Its pretty severe; we are being advised to not even flush the toilet as theres big problems with damage to the sewerage.

Phones are out. Our mobiles arent calling out. Government are urging people to stay home, keep kids home and for businesses to let their employees home.

Not too far north its flooding, 4 houses have literally been swept away and 3 people have lost their lives.

Check in east coasters. Let us know whats happening with you and if you're safe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Hugs to all affected.

Please stay safe everyone in it path.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Oh golly how scary. Stay safe!

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Omg how scary for you all!

Did you get any warning or is it more severe than anyone expected? Stay safe over there - lucky you've been studying all those zombie survival tips...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah, we are absolutely copping it up here

We have part of a large tree down in the yard which has fortunately not damaged our house or the neighbours (it's next to the fence line).

Attempted to go to work early this morning but there was no power, so we promptly went home to be safe. There was damage everywhere, trees and branches all over the road.

I've never seen weather like this in all my 35 years.

I saw on the news that conditions will worsen this evening. How bloody scary.

Stay safe everyone, and R.I.P to those poor souls who have lost their lives

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Stay safe hubbers. Thinking of you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We had some warning but no one predicted it would reach cyclone strength, it reaches 135km/hr here.

It was very hard to sleep last night

The kids are terrified and when i finally did get to sleep hubby woke me up and said "fence is bad" another 40 mins it was down. Its right next to a public walk way so i feel really vulnerable, anyone can get into the yard now.

Ses hang up after two rings. No one can get through!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh wow I had no idea how brutal it is! I live in western sydney so we are getting a lot of rain, but luckily have escaped the wind you are getting. Stay safe I really hope things calm down ASAP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's horrible hopefully it doesn't get too bad for you.
    I was drenched getting from my car to the train station but getting off the train to go to work I almost fell over from the wind. I daresay you are copping it worse than I at the moment.
    I'm hoping that public transport doesn't completely shut down so many people including myself will be stranded.