So DD is 3 and is allergic to peanuts, tree nuts and sesame and intolerant of dairy. I'm starting to stress about her starting childcare and school.
Parents of kids with allergies, when did they start to really understand that there are foods that could kill them?
Teachers, how do they handle allergy kids in schools? I know there's no peanuts allowed, but what about nuts and sesame? Surely those aren't banned too? So do all kids get taught what the symptoms are to look out for allergy kids having a reaction at lunchtime when a teacher isn't around? Are all teachers trained to know the signs and how to use an epipen? Do they put all the allergy kids together in the one class so only 1 teacher and 1 set of kids have to assist in ensuring allergy kids are kept safe?
I'm starting to get very nervous!