+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I would also decline payment and do if for free but you never know what she will say, she might do it for free or she might be in the position where the extra money could come in handy. Don't ask her how much she would like because that's awkward and no one ever really knows how to answer that question.

When you ask perhaps phrase it so she doesn't feel obliged. Don't say you have no one else or she's the closest to do it because she may feel pressured.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DreamyMummy For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (20-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    going away for a week tbh Id lock the home body inside and get the person to leave food for the other if it never come inside, if it does come inside Id lock it in to

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I do this alot for friends/neighbour's close by and they for us. Money is never exchanged. Perhaps a gift voucher or shout her out for lunch when you return? Or like pp have suggested, call your local vet and see if this is something they could help you with. Good luck!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinkers For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (20-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    *preparing to get flamed*

I would not like to be asked to do this - regardless of money or gifts. Several reasons, I'm far too busy, I would feel obligated to say yes, 7 days is a long time in my book, there are lots of other options which don't involve asking me to do it and I don't like the idea of cats being outside.

I think you should be using a cattery or sending them to stay with someone.
    I completely agree. If it was a couple of days thats different but 7 days is a long time and 2 visits a day is a big ask.... as is cleaning the kitty litter tray.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I must also agree with @babyla
    I think it's a bit long for outdoor cats. Or indoor cats.
    They are used to company and leaving them alone for 7 days is quite long.
    I wouldn't hesitate to help out a friend but in this situation I think it's a bit much.
    I always worry too about what if something happens to one? Or what if the mostly outdoor cat isn't there at night to put inside? What does she do then? Leave?
    I'm an alll indoor cat person I'm afraid.
    I left my cat with my brother to feed twice a day when I my honeymoon. ... And even that was a bit much for my brother and my cat got lonely. Wasn't a good plan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by *Chels* View Post
    so basically
    Morning fill the bowls
    Evening... call them in (minus feral cat,,she will be fine)and fill the bowl
    repeat for 6 days
    I'd say somewhere between $50 and $100

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow I have no idea why so many bubhubbers are so crazy about cats! I've learnt not to ask cat questions on here

Anyway I'd probably do it for free if I was just around the corner tbh. Our neighbour has looked after our cat before for longer than you are asking and we gave her a box of choccies. She wouldn't have taken money even if we offered as she's not that kind of person. I think $20 a day is more than fair and if she doesn't want to commit to it she's free to say no.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pearlygirl For This Useful Post:

ExcuseMyFrench  (20-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'd do it. Wouldn't take much time out of my day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my cats got left alone for 5 days when I had my second ds, Im single so there was no one to visit them, I had a family member come and do their food twice and I had a few extra litter trays so they could just fill a new tray with litter when they visited (no changing the dirty one)

they survived but far out they missed me lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ThenThereWereThree View Post
    my cats got left alone for 5 days when I had my second ds, Im single so there was no one to visit them, I had a family member come and do their food twice and I had a few extra litter trays so they could just fill a new tray with litter when they visited (no changing the dirty one)

they survived but far out they missed me lol
    Similar to what I do. Double the litter tray, put a couple of massive bowls of bickies and water and have a friend pop in once every 2-3 days. I would be quite embarrassed to ask them to come twice a day for 7 days- my friend has a busy life of her own.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

ThenThereWereThree  (21-04-2015)