+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Have you considered a house sitter? We went away for a week and arranged for a friend to stay in our house to look after the pets. It also meant that our house looked lived in during the time we were away

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to pay teenagers a few houses up $10 a day to come twice a day, but the cats were in. I think $20 would be ok and maybe a box of chocolates.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by *Chels* View Post
    Yes and THAT is why I asked to name a price!!! Not ask for a charity!!
    Wow, no need to be snarky! As i said other ladies might think different. Unfortunately paid or not i think its rude to even ask a friends Mum! Chances are she will feel obligated as, as you put it, she "lives 30 secs away" and say she will do it even if she doesnt want to! You asked 'what do you think?' and i answered.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Curby View Post
    There is a sign up at our vets for this service. One of the girls will go there twice a day to spend 15 minutes with the animal, change kitty litter, feed hem etc. I think it is about $20 a day as well. Can you call your local vets and see how much they charge?
    Thanks hun! great idea!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heplusme View Post
    Wow, no need to be snarky! As i said other ladies might think different. Unfortunately paid or not i think its rude to even ask a friends Mum! Chances are she will feel obligated as, as you put it, she "lives 30 secs away" and say she will do it even if she doesnt want to! You asked 'what do you think?' and i answered.
    Well feel your answer was rude. She lives the closest out of anyone I know so I thought of her.I wasn't asking anyone to do me a favour, like you implied. If I had to look after someones pets and it was so close,it wouldn't bother me as I wouldn't travel far. You implied I asked for charity when I was clearly stating the distance to travel to complete the task. Which came into the price I was asking to be fair

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by *Chels* View Post
    Well feel your answer was rude. She lives the closest out of anyone I know so I thought of her.I wasn't asking anyone to do me a favour, like you implied. If I had to look after someones pets and it was so close,it wouldn't bother me as I wouldn't travel far. You implied I asked for charity when I was clearly stating the distance to travel to complete the task. Which came into the price I was asking to be fair
    I did not imply you asked for charity. I stated I wouldnt want to go out of my way that often, paid or not. Its obviously a different answer to what you wanted but considering the woman your asking might feel obligated when you ask, its worth bringing the POV up.

Good luck with your cats.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (20-04-2015),KillerHeels  (20-04-2015),monkeymama  (21-04-2015),SpicyTurtle  (20-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I would say $20 a day would be fair and then when you return maybe a box of chocolates to say an extra thank you for her help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Wdyt?

I don't think there is any price you could pay a friend or acquaintance that would make a 2 visit a day chore ok. Unless perhaps that person was unemployed and in desperate need of money.

I've used a pet sitter before and it was great (from memory $25 per day,1 visit for 2 pets) - you have to find someone you can totally trust though.

If it were me I would be nervous about leaving a cat outside for 7 days. Had a neighbor do that and her cat went walkabout, poor thing.
    Last edited by VicPark; 20-04-2015 at 19:04.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

heplusme  (20-04-2015),KillerHeels  (20-04-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Wow! Maybe it depends on where you live? I was going to say in the country, most people would do that for each other without thinking twice about it, but maybe it's just where I live!

If it were my world, people (and not just close people) would offer and be stoked to get a bunch of flowers or a carton of beer or something!

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

*Chels*  (20-04-2015),DreamyMummy  (20-04-2015),Happymum2  (21-04-2015),Mopoke  (20-04-2015),~Marigold~  (20-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Wow! Maybe it depends on where you live? I was going to say in the country, most people would do that for each other without thinking twice about it, but maybe it's just where I live!

If it were my world, people (and not just close people) would offer and be stoked to get a bunch of flowers or a carton of beer or something!
    Last time we went away(lived in a complex) and told neighbour we were going away and asked them to jst keep an eye on house for us...they offered to look after cats. My kids made them thank you cards and bought them baking. sometimes I miss that!