+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Wdyt?

So we are going away for 7 nights and have 2 cats. One is pretty much outdoors and I don't see her for hours but my other baby is a homebody but ventures out. I have a friend whos mum who lives a literally a 30 sec drive from my house. I need her to come to my place and feed cats in morning,and then come back and make sure they are inside for night and feed them again. She seems the best option coz shes sooo close but of course I will pay her and trust her too. So what amount do you think is reasonable for letting cats in/out and do the food. We don't have a cat door and will prob do a kitty litter tray if they are inside a lot. so prob need a few changes for that too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thats tricky. Twice a day is a big ask (in my eyes) and what happens if she cant find the outdoor cat at night time? I dont know what i would expect to be paid but i know i would get the ****s if i turned up, i couldnt find the cat and had to spend an hour calling it!

It might be better putting the cats in a cattery for the week?
    Last edited by heplusme; 20-04-2015 at 17:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes it sounds like a big ask for your friends mum. If you're willing to pay her, I'd just be putting them in a cattery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    oooh the outside cat is fine...she will survive.Just want the other one in and she wont stray far and will come when called.def don't expect her to spend an hour russling them in.Just mainly topping up the food

Thanks
    Reviews
    so basically
    Morning fill the bowls
    Evening... call them in (minus feral cat,,she will be fine)and fill the bowl
    repeat for 6 days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by *Chels* View Post
    so basically
    Morning fill the bowls
    Evening... call them in (minus feral cat,,she will be fine)and fill the bowl
    repeat for 6 days
    It may not sound much to you, but going out of my way twice a day for 7 days and im not a relative or close friend etc...no way. I wouldnt expect a friends Mum to do that. Sorry! Maybe other ladies will feel different though

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

michellead  (20-04-2015),SHAELEEJANE  (20-04-2015),VicPark  (20-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We used to pay a pet sitter to look after our cats. She would come once a day and charged $20 a day. Cheaper than a cattery for us but still exy. She charged $30 for a twice daily visit. Her visits also included a 15 minute pat/play plus collection mail and putting bins in/out so obviously you wouldn't have to pay that much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heplusme View Post
    It may not sound much to you, but going out of my way twice a day for 7 days and im not a relative or close friend etc...no way. I wouldnt expect a friends Mum to do that. Sorry! Maybe other ladies will feel different though
    Yes and THAT is why I asked to name a price!!! Not ask for a charity!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    We used to pay a pet sitter to look after our cats. She would come once a day and charged $20 a day. Cheaper than a cattery for us but still exy. She charged $30 for a twice daily visit. Her visits also included a 15 minute pat/play plus collection mail and putting bins in/out so obviously you wouldn't have to pay that much.
    Thank you for a response and a reasonable price guide!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    There is a sign up at our vets for this service. One of the girls will go there twice a day to spend 15 minutes with the animal, change kitty litter, feed hem etc. I think it is about $20 a day as well. Can you call your local vets and see how much they charge?