+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Adelaide Hills Primary Schools

Hi all,
    Looking for recommendations for a great primary school in the Adelaide hills, Stirling, Balhannah, Aldgate type area.
    What do you love about it?

Thanks so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a born and bred hills girl. I haven't heard negatives about many primary schools up this way. I went to Crafers and it was a great school. My son will be going to Aldgate. Several are zoned so could depend on where you live. Do you want private or public?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lolz83 View Post
    I'm a born and bred hills girl. I haven't heard negatives about many primary schools up this way. I went to Crafers and it was a great school. My son will be going to Aldgate. Several are zoned so could depend on where you live. Do you want private or public?
    Thanks Hun
    I grew up in the hills too but have lived in Melbourne the last few years. Looking at moving home
    Can I ask what you like about Aldgate? How many kids are there? I want public school do you know if there's a kindergarten attached to the school? I know so many of them are zoned but I don't know exactly where we will be living yet

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you were looking further north in the hills i would definitely recommend Spring Head Primary School at Mt Torrenz

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most of my friends kids go to Aldgate and they speak very highly of it. Good teachers, nice surroundings etc. there is an Aldgate kindy, but lots of kids I know went to snows road, or one attached to their daycare centre like the ranges early learning centre.

Mylor is good, but very small with mixed year level classes. Other friends kids go to Stirling East primary, and again are happy with it. I think most schools around Stirling, Crafers, Aldgate, mylor and echunga are all pretty good. They all have very informative websites.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most of my friends kids go to Aldgate and they speak very highly of it. Good teachers, nice surroundings etc. there is an Aldgate kindy, but lots of kids I know went to snows road, or one attached to their daycare centre like the ranges early learning centre.

Mylor is good, but very small with mixed year level classes. Other friends kids go to Stirling East primary, and again are happy with it. I think most schools around Stirling, Crafers, Aldgate, mylor and echunga are all pretty good. They all have very informative websites.
    Thanks so much for the info I'll look some of the schools up when does your son start school? What about high schools? There's not many choices up there is there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    He's almost 3, so not till the start of 2017 :-) high school will probably at St Francis in Mt Barker, or cornerstone. I might look at some of the mid range (price wise!) private schools in town.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He's almost 3, so not till the start of 2017 :-) high school will probably at St Francis in Mt Barker, or cornerstone. I might look at some of the mid range (price wise!) private schools in town.
    Cool thanks, my DD will be starting school next year
    Is Aldgate zoned? I can't find anything on their website

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If I lived in the hills my kids would be going to montessori or cornerstone

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's not at the moment but due to increased demand I think they are considering it :-)