+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default A Lactation consult Perth??

Hi guys does anyone know a good lactation consultant in Perth?

We're really struggling and I'm almost at the end of my rope but want to try this as a last ditch effort. We had one through the hospital when bub was born a month ago but I didn't really get anything helpful out of it.

I really don't care what it costs at this point, I desperately want to keep giving bub the breast milk but I know I can't keep going without help.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I made contact with a wonderful one through my child health nurse. The hospital should put you in contact with your local child health centre who then refer you to a lactation consultant. I googled looking for a private one but they charge about $200 to visit you whereas the ones through the CHN are free.
    The awesome free lady I saw was at the manning child health centre. She also works through the Willetton one I think.
    Also call the AUstralian breastfeeding association they can talk you through issues
    Good luck xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cathy Garbin is great. She will come to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've seen two. One I was referred to by the CHN, works in Noranda/Lockridge and she was very helpful. With my first bub I saw Cathy Garbin privately and thought she was wonderful. She came to the house to see us the day after we rang whereas I had to wait about 4 days to see the public one (though I was a lot less desperate). Good luck, it can be a very rough ride.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Child Health nurse should be able to help; some lact consultants work different days in different locations so you may be able to see them sooner if willing to drive