+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Lost we need to move!

Now that Ds keeps getting more good news aprt from feeding etc I feel more confident within myself to move.

Hubby needs to move in order to work (Melb/Syd) that's where construction really is. We want to start getting ahead again not this drag of no money.

We have no support here. The kids goto childcare for us to have a break. I guess I'm just scared to leave and need encouragement to do so!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    YOU can do it Monnie!!! Seriously you have survived so much this last year, I think I would be a basket case by now.

I'm not sure if I read your post correct but will you be moving to more support?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Meld85 For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (19-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meld85 View Post
    YOU can do it Monnie!!! Seriously you have survived so much this last year, I think I would be a basket case by now.

I'm not sure if I read your post correct but will you be moving to more support?
    No just ourselves. We have been going to counselling hubby & I as we have had lots problems (obviously with the year we have had!). But he just can't get work here it's draining for me. I can't survive on Centrelink I don't know how any of these super mums do it. I don't want to cancel our private health or insurances. It's so hard

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sent off some resumes today. Let's see if it's the right thing. Positive thoughts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh fingers crossed Monnie!!! Hoping a nice fat salaried job is right around the corner!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    I will sound like the wicked witch but here goes...

You want to kick your tenants out of your home so you can move in when you are getting a steady income.

You don't have any family support but your inlaws are letting you stay.

You want to move interstate on a whim so he gets work but you have been to another state and it didn't work out so you are back.

You need to sit down and make a game plan with your dh. If you need to work and he stays home....do it. If he will work and take any job.... do it. Stop flaffing around. Contact recruitment consultants and just get a job even unskilled.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maxwell's Silver Hammer For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (20-04-2015),WiseOldOwl  (21-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's a bit harsh MSH... She's not saying she is just going to up and pack and move... They are sending out her husbands resume. They are just recognising that there are no job opportunities in the state they are living in.

She was just looking for a bit of encouragement that if she did need to move interstate, with 2 young children, without family support which sounds scary to me as well.

It's not always as easy as 'if your husband can't work then he can stay at home and you work.' If my husband was laid off tomorrow we would still have me at home and him looking for a job simply because I have nowhere near as income potential as my DH does.

I do understand what you are saying but I don't think it's fair to point out inconsistencies when a member is using the hub to bounce ideas off other members.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Meld85 For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (21-04-2015),monnie24  (21-04-2015),SheWarrior  (21-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We moved to a state with our kiddies where we knew no-one but dh did have a job there. To be honest, it was bl00dy hard but...we have found our feet. Kids are great for getting involved with activities and other community stuff.
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Monnie am I incorrect in saying that you recently moved to the state you are in now because Dh was looking for work?
    Where are you now and where were you a couple of years ago?

Melbourne is becoming more popular because it was recently listed (again) as the most livable city and more people are moving there. If I was to move in a growth area, it would be Melbourne.
    Last edited by 2BlueBirds; 21-04-2015 at 11:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell's Silver Hammer View Post
    I will sound like the wicked witch but here goes...

You want to kick your tenants out of your home so you can move in when you are getting a steady income.

You don't have any family support but your inlaws are letting you stay.

You want to move interstate on a whim so he gets work but you have been to another state and it didn't work out so you are back.

You need to sit down and make a game plan with your dh. If you need to work and he stays home....do it. If he will work and take any job.... do it. Stop flaffing around. Contact recruitment consultants and just get a job even unskilled.
    Thanks but he has even at agencies. Even at Centrelink. We are kicking them out to sell our property.

And we moved back because my son was sick? So unless you have been rural with a sick child I don't think you have any position to have a comment. It did work out. Apart from DS being sick/disabled. They don't have facilities rurally.

I don't work because I have over a hundred seizures a day. This is another reason to move because I want to be on the cannabis trial. I don't even know why I'm justifying myself to you on BH to be honest. We can do it, there is nothing wrong with leaving and moving. Just because we live with someone doesn't mean they are supportive that's a key note too!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

DT75  (12-05-2015),heartstringz  (22-04-2015),just her chameleon  (22-04-2015),waterlily  (21-04-2015)