+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What should I do? (Miscarriage)

Background - Missed mc at 5 weeks. Now what should be 7-8 weeks. Started spotting 1 week ago, fresh blood for 4 days now, but only when I wipe and not every time. Passed some 'tissue' 2 days ago, but only one tiny bit (around 1cm) No cramping.

I do however have dizziness and on/off nausea, as well as constant fatigue.

My OB gave me some cytotec/misoprostol, but kind of scared me off it saying that cramping & bleeding would be much worse than natural mc.

I'm just getting so worn down with feeling cruddy & waiting. I've accepted my loss and I'm ready to move on with my life, but my body won't let me!

If you were me, WWYD? Keep waiting, or take the pills?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, I'm sorry for your loss, I know how you're feeling as I've been through 4 miscarriages at varrying gestations. I waited out 3 of them and opted for the surgical option with 1 of them.

For me it also took a few weeks of waiting for my natural miscarriages to happen. It's such a difficult time but I found once bleeding had started it wasnt too much longer (maybe within the week).

Perhaps give yourself a time limit and if nothing's happened by then you could try other options.

I did want to say though that you should let your Dr know about your symptoms as sometimes (not often but sometimes) some women can develop an infection and you could need some antibiotics.

xxx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to OneLove For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (19-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I went naturally, it very emotionally draining but helped me heal. If you just want to move on, get this over with quicker then go the drugs. It's a very personal choice hun, but take your time, you'll know what's the right choice. Big hugs, it's the pits isn't it? You don't realise how strong you are until you come out the other side xxxx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lolz83 For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (19-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OneLove View Post
    I did want to say though that you should let your Dr know about your symptoms as sometimes (not often but sometimes) some women can develop an infection and you could need some antibiotics.

xxx
    Thanks for sharing your experience, it really helps x

My OB actually started me on a course of AB last week as a preventative measure, and I don't have any fever or other symptoms. I tend to react badly to hormonal changes so I think it's just my hcg dropping that's causing the nausea & dizziness.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lolz83 View Post
    I went naturally, it very emotionally draining but helped me heal. If you just want to move on, get this over with quicker then go the drugs. It's a very personal choice hun, but take your time, you'll know what's the right choice. Big hugs, it's the pits isn't it? You don't realise how strong you are until you come out the other side xxxx
    It is the pits! I had kind of set of a time limit of today, if things hadn't ramped up... But I guess I just don't feel like I've given it enough time. I kind of don't want to jump the gun and take the drugs if it's just around the corner iykwim? :/

Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry for your loss
    I also felt better waiting for it to complete the cycle of natural loss.
    We buried the sac in our garden
    My bub was 6 w in size and the hb stopped at 9w
    I would say if the red has started, it's going to happen within a week or so.
    I had 1 week of red period blood
    At the end of that week some liver like lining came out
    3 days of heavy pouring (that's when I lost the sac)
    Then a week of brown
    Please make sure you take a lot of iron
    Last edited by Kazza78; 19-04-2015 at 19:16.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazza78 For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (19-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My bleeding started on a Sunday as spotting. Wednesday was the very heavy bleeding day, with clots, tissue, sac etc. light brown blood till the next Monday.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lolz83 For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (19-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry for your loss. I took misoprostol for 1 of my m/c. I won't lie, it was a horrible experience. I found it worse then labour. 6 hours of intense cramps and passing large clots and throwing up. I lay on the bathroom floor through it all but once i passed the sac it was all over and no pain. There's a chance that it won't work on some people and higher chance of retained placenta. While the waiting to m/c kills you as you want it over with, i find it easier to deal with and move on from x

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilbub4us For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (19-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for sharing that @Lilbub4us. It sounds like a truly awful experience, and honestly I am total whimp! I freak out if I get a paper cut :/ So I guess that's why I'm so terrified of taking it.

I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed that it happens on its own soon...

Thanks
    Reviews
    The tablets didn't work for me and I didn't find that they were painful at all - probably why they didn't work. I tried them first before a D&C as D&Cs do have the possibility of damaging your uterus. Just don't leave it too long due to risk of infection as pp said and the reason why you were on the ABs. If it was me, I'd want to get it over and done with, but I can understand where you're coming from too.
    Look after yourself x.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (19-04-2015)