+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I agree 12 months isn't extra time it's a whole new lease, too bad, so sad but 2 months is extremely reasonable and plenty of time to find a new place.

It's your house why should you feel guilty? You guys are sleeping at your MILs with no house!

I'd just say sorry 2 months is the best we can do and I'm happy to give you a great reference.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (21-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Whether she rents from you or rents from someone else, she will still have to pay rent. It's not your problem if she just cbf packing twice. Don't feel guilty about her being lazy.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (21-04-2015),Wise Enough  (19-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Monnie.

I'm no expert, but a quick Google seems to show that the requirements in SA for ending a residential tenancy are:

28 days notice to bring the tenancy to an end at the end of a fixed term tenancy; and
    usually 90, but in certain circumstances, 60 days to bring a periodic tenancy to an end. Relevantly, 60 days seems to be enough when the landlord requires possession to do repairs that can't be done with the tenant in place, or when the landlord requires possession to move in themselves.

See: http://www.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/p..._agreement.pdf and

http://www.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/p..._agreement.pdf

So it seems that if you're ending a fixed term lease at the end of the lease, or ending a periodic (month to month) tenancy, the 2 months notice you've given, presuming you've used the right forms, should be sufficient.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

smallpotatoes  (19-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    Hi Monnie.

I'm no expert, but a quick Google seems to show that the requirements in SA for ending a residential tenancy are:

28 days notice to bring the tenancy to an end at the end of a fixed term tenancy; and
    usually 90, but in certain circumstances, 60 days to bring a periodic tenancy to an end. Relevantly, 60 days seems to be enough when the landlord requires possession to do repairs that can't be done with the tenant in place, or when the landlord requires possession to move in themselves.

See: http://www.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/p..._agreement.pdf and

http://www.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/p..._agreement.pdf

So it seems that if you're ending a fixed term lease at the end of the lease, or ending a periodic (month to month) tenancy, the 2 months notice you've given, presuming you've used the right forms, should be sufficient.
    Thank you! Yes I rang our RTA before I filled out the paperwork as I wanted them out earlier but couldn't without (paying). She said 28 days was all I had to give on the day of the lease expiring! So I've given plenty of time!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (19-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hope she doesn't put up too much of a stink