+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Ergo 360 upgrade?

Ds2 is due in 10 weeks and I've already got a 17 month old. Whilst I have bought a double buggy I was planning to try and use a carrier wherever possible with new baby. I have an ergo original carrier and I found I didn't use it as much as I thought I would with ds1. Main reasons being that I found it quite uncomfortable after a while around my lower back and I also found there wasn't a great deal of head and neck support especially when baby is sleeping.
    The other day I saw someone with an ergo 360 and it looked a lot more supportive for the head and she finds it very comfortable. Now I don't know if it's just me and my lower back problems and I would find any front carry uncomfortable but I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of the 2 and could offer advice as to whether it is worth upgrading? Or are there other carriers that are very comfortable? I also find the ergo quite hot and I know they do some lightweight versions.
    By the way I also have a stretchy wrap I used a bit and a ring sling but didn't get on with a woven wrap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I borrowed an original ergo from a friend and found it very uncomfortable after short periods of time. I upgraded to the 360 and it is a massive improvement. I can wear it for hours comfortably. My bub loves being in it both in and out facing. I need to put the head cover up to support his head when he falls asleep (facing me of course) now that he is so tall but when he was smaller there was plenty of head support with the button up section.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NicT For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (18-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a 360, never tried the original but I can comfortably wear the 360 for hours. I can no longer front carry DS though, at 8kg and me being quite small he's getting too heavy for the front outward facing position, so Im going to start doing the side carry with him. When DS was a newborn he was very snuggly in the infant booster/support thing with very good head and neck support. Then he just sat on the booster cushion until he was tall enough to go without it.

As for it being hot - it was a little warm, especially with the infant insert however DS never overheated and I did use it over spring/summer, just not on very hot days (when I wouldn't use a carrier regardless). I tried out slings but I never felt comfortable or that they were secure enough to keep DS in, just personal preference I guess.

ETA: These videos show how to use it: http://www.ergobaby.com.au/instructi...os/360-videos/

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pearlygirl For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (18-05-2015)