+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think it's fine. I haven't done it (we've only done babes in arms or kiddie movies) but I've sat near people with small babies in adult movies and I think it's fine if you are prepared to leave when they cry. Way more annoying being in a movie where someone won't stop talking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can anyone tell me about the mums and Bubs sessions, DS is almost seven months and I haven't taken him to the movies and not sure what t expect with the m&b session

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where do you live @Mum2b87? If your anywhere near Rhodes in Sydney they have a crying room which is awesome! it's like a glassed off area within the cinema, you can change the volume to how you like it and it doesn't matter if bub cries as no one can hear! 😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the responses, gonna give it a go and hopefully he'll just sleep/ feed

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I'm country VIC unfortunately

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Taking bub to cinema

Personally for me I don't feel it's appropriate and I wouldn't take my babies but I've seen plenty of other people do it, I was once in a gold class session and someone had a baby and it was crying I was like well I'm glad I wasted my money on this haha. I also would be way too anxious my baby would annoy other people to actually enjoy myself if I did. Id take a baby to the drive ins possibly, Id also be worried it would be too loud for the baby depending on the movie. This is just how I feel for me though, if you go enjoy yourself

Edit to add, I feel kids movies are sort of free reign
    Last edited by PipersMummy; 18-04-2015 at 19:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I would give it a go, see how it goes and find what works.

We took Dd to a kids movie when she had just turned 1 a couple of months ago, she was too over excited and then she wanted to run away etc so we had to keep taking turns going outside with her and ended up leaving early.

Recently I really wanted to go to the movies again (to see "home" Lol) and this time I tried to be way more prepared, I went at nap time, I brought along her dummy and blanket that she has when she sleeps and I didn't get her out of the stroller and she fell asleep in the first 10 minutes, did the same thing last week and got the same result.

So my advise would be go around a sleep time, either feed or bring a comforter along and a blanket and hope he goes to sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree kids movies are pretty much free reign.

We also love the drive ins - it's really 'family' in Perth, super cheap and you can bring takeaway and a glass of vino

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I did it when DS was little, wouldn't now he's 17 months. His first movie was the hunger games at 2 weeks old. Then he saw frozen when he was a few months old.

I don't have issues as long as if they're fussing or crying they get taken out, which I also do myself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2b87 View Post
    Can anyone tell me about the mums and Bubs sessions, DS is almost seven months and I haven't taken him to the movies and not sure what t expect with the m&b session
    At our cinema, they leave the lights dimmed instead of turning them off. They have a 'pram parking area' where you can leave your pram, and a changing area. Other than that it's pretty much the same as any other movie, except people don't mind if your baby cries.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DarcyJ For This Useful Post:

Mum2b87  (20-04-2015)