+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Night Feeds

Does anyone have the tv on when up for night feeds? Im worried I will fall asleep and thought having the tv on might help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't have the tv on but only because I was too lazy to go all the way to the lounge. I used to play with my phone to keep me awake. 😊
    If you think the tv will help you I'd give it a try.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have never bothered to do that. I found bub would feed rather quickly at night, and was pretty easily settled, so I never had to worry about falling asleep with bub in my arms. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always fed both of mine in their rooms. I didn't want to stimulate them at all risking them taking hours to go back to sleep. Early on when he would feed for awhile i'd sit on my phone

Thanks
    Reviews
    When DS was a newborn I rewatched the whole series of The Office during night feeds to help me stay awake. I kept the volume and screen brightness low to try and avoid stimulating DS but he was easy to settle at that age anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, with my first. Sat and watched TV on the lounge with subtitles on and lights out, to avoid waking him up too much. But looking back, I think it still made him harder to settle. I wished I'd stayed in bed. With my second I did stay in bed and used my phone if I wanted to stay awake or fed her laying down and snoozed! Also, getting out of bed in a freezing Canberra winter night was not fun so stayed where I was cozy

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I watched heaps of episodes of inside the actors studio on my iPad. I used to love my little hangout times with my bub overnight... But yes, I did need something to stay awake.

I once got a parcel of over $200 worth of DVDs that I had no memory of ordering. I did a lot of online shopping those first few months :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would play with my phone. I did fall asleep a bit. Much more with bub number 2. Oops! I once woke up holding him and I had no memory of getting him out of the bassinet. So freaky!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Night Feeds

Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Yes, with my first. Sat and watched TV on the lounge with subtitles on and lights out, to avoid waking him up too much. But looking back, I think it still made him harder to settle. I wished I'd stayed in bed. With my second I did stay in bed and used my phone if I wanted to stay awake or fed her laying down and snoozed! Also, getting out of bed in a freezing Canberra winter night was not fun so stayed where I was cozy
    This!!! I will never feed bub again in front of the TV during the night. I sometimes watched a movie on my iPad or computer during marathon feeding sessions but truly won't ever do the TV thing again.

With #2 I bedshared a lot. I'd feed bub, usually pass out and dh would put bub back in the cot or bassinet after the feed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Night Feeds

I did the first few days we were home, because I thought that is just what everyone did, then I soon discovered feeding in bed was so much easier, a lot of the time Dp would talk to me whilst I fed her or I would close my eyes and rest, still aware of what was going on though. Eventually I would just fall asleep, so would she and we would sleep that way.