+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Differences between pregnancies that end in MC

Hi everyone,

I have a question. I have been pregnant 3 times. The first pregnancy (Teenage pregnancy, we aborted 😢) I was so so sick before I even tested positive. I had nausea and vomiting very early on.

Next pregnancy with our DD years later. Same thing. I knew I was pregnant before I tested because it was the same nausea, hot flushes and dizziness.

Third pregnancy late last year I was 8 days late for my period. I had no symptoms except a bit of cramping that I thought were AF pains. I wouldn't have known I was pregnant if I hadn't tested. Sadly that ended in MC at 8 weeks.

I am wondering did you have less or no symptoms with your pregnancy that ended in a miscarriage? We have been TTC since our DD was born but have only had that one short pregnancy since. For me I feel like I need to be nauseous and sick to test positive. I am 10 DPO today and feel too good to possibly be pregnant this month 😣 Am I right in thinking like this? They say every pregnancy is different, but is it? Both of my sticky ones made me so ill, my mc never felt the same.

Please share your experiences. Thanks xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    With my 1st m/c i felt horrible, and my boobs were killing me, even after I started bleeding (bled for over a week beforw actually m/c). 2nd m/c i felt off but was still super early when we lost it. But then my pregnancy with dd4 i had absolutely no preg symptoms at all (well, very minimal and nothing like my previous pregnancies).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (16-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow. Well there you go. That proves my theory wrong haha. I guess I am clutching to straws hoping each month we could finally fall pregnant but then I get despondent if I don't feel nauseous and awful before AF is due like my pregnancy with DD. Its interesting to see such varied symptoms between pregnancies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Differences between pregnancies that end in MC

I had sore breasts until mc bleed started at 9w, but never any nausea. Bub grew to 6w and hb stopped at 9w

With dd, I didn't start getting nausea until week 7 and boobs hurt until week 15 ish

Thanks
    Reviews
    i had similar symptoms with them all (3 pregnancies)
    First and second i had very early nausea , would vomit trying to feed my cat (she eats tuna cat food), difference was first i was tired constantly (turned out I was critically low in iodine) second not so much.

but the only difference between #1 (my loss) and #2 was that with #1 I just got this instant feeling of fear and dread the minute I knew i was pregnant, it eased after 3 u/s and confirmed my blob was okay, I misscarried 3 weeks later and I knew from the minute I started bleeding it wasnt going to end happily

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first pregnancy I had ms and sore boobs, the symptoms got progressively worse, even though it was a missed miscarriage at 5 weeks, the symptoms kept getting worse.

With DS it was the same in terms of symptoms, but obviously it ended well with DS being a healthy pregnancy.

I'm currently going through another missed miscarriage, again stopped at 5 weeks, but apart from tender boibs for a few days I've had pretty much no symptoms. Now that the miscarriage has started I'm getting pregnancy symptoms (so unfair!).

So IME symptoms aren't really a reliable indicator of pregnancy!

Hope you get your sticky BFP soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I def had less symptoms with all of my losses. And way lower HcG. Everyone is different with HcG levels, some women are low and have viable pgs. But that's the give away for me. When I have a bubba stick my HcG is very high from the beginning and sickness starts within days of finding out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive been pregnant 9 times . I had 7 m/cs and for all 9 pregnancies I've had sore and swollen b00bs. I only got morning sickness with my daughter , my 2nd live birth. No sickness with my son . I've always wondered if the miscarriages were boys as I never had m/s

Every pregnancy is different . I wish you so much luck on your journey

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had 5 pregnancies (2 full term; 1 ended in missed miscarriage at 9/10 weeks; 1 termination; and currently I am 10 weeks pregnant with my third baby).

the only pregnancy I felt horrible with was the missed miscarriage. My other pregnancies have been for the most part symptomless (aside from fatigue and needing to pee a lot). My current pregnancy I have slight nausea, but it is only very sporadic. My missed miscarriage was truly awful and I had spd right from the beginning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I had pretty much no symptoms in the first Tri this pregnancy (4 weeks to go).

There is evidence of a lower rate of miscarriage correlating with higher incidence of nausea but it doesn't necessarily mean that not having nausea equals miscarriage (as I am an example of).

For me, what was comforting was my first few blood tests and a skyrocketing HCG level, that's how I knew he was a strong little embryo right from the get go and it gave me a lot of comfort having miscarried previously.