+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Measuring 4 weeks ahead - anyone had this?

I'm smack bang on 28 weeks today by dates and was always measuring 1-2 weeks ahead which isn't a big deal.

Had a check up appt with my OB this afternoon and I'm measuring at 32 weeks!!!

Dr has ordered a scan to be done in the next few weeks to assess fluid level etc and have a look at bub.

Has anyone had this happen in their pregnancy (4 weeks +) in the third trimester? I have had my GD test aswell, passed with flying colours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did. I always measured a bit ahead & them he just grew & grew in the third Tri. By about 34/35 weeks I was measuring at a full 40 weeks & he was off the chart by 37 weeks. He was born at 38w5d & was 9lbs6oz (4.2kg) so had he gone full term he would have been well over 10lbs.
    Don't worry too much though these things are just a measure & aren't always truly reflective of baby's size. I've known friends who have been told they're having a whopper & it's been an average size. Also remember that the dates go on what is "average" which full term is about 7lbs8oz & there are loads of baby's born bigger than that.
    Be happy that you've obviously got a thriving bub in there & good luck! 👍

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was always at least 3wks ahead with ds. He was on the bigger end of the scale (3.98kg at 38wks) but his position also greatly affected the measurements at each check as he was a stretched out footling breech

Didn't have gd but did have a higher fluid estimate. Size didn't make a difference in the end as he was an elective cs being feet down

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep measured 4+ weeks ahead with both my bubs. No gd. I was worried but ob wasnt. Both were born perfectly healthy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I measured 6 weeks ahead. Things slowed down a bit later on. My girls were 9lb3 and 8lb10. So big but not huge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I measured anywhere from 3-4 weeks ahead, depending on who was doing the fundal height (is that what you are talking about?). I then had someone else measure me and they said I was 1 week ahead. It varied a lot. I had an extra ultrasound, fluid was fine. Bubs was born at 39w3d weighing 3.23kgs (7 pound 4 I think?!). I wouldn't worry too much. It seems to be such a subjective measurement!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I measured between 3-4 weeks ahead towards the end. I had gd and think towards the end her growth slowed up. My sugars went to crap towards the end and was induced at 38+6 and she was 7lb (3.18kg) exactly. I think the range on ultrasounds can be quite varied