Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Motivation.

So I need to lose a tonne of weight.
    I am unhappy being this size.
    I'm feeling really old, fat and unfit.
    I'm tired all the time, my feet hurt.... I feel 40 yrs older than I am.

I know I need to lose it, I know I want to lose it but finding the motivation to exercise is failing me.

With a toddler who still wakes several times a night and two part time jobs the only time I really have the time to exercise is after she goes to sleep at night. But I'm too tired.

How do you find your motivation?
    Any ideas how I apply them?

Food side of things is under control... It's just the exercise ......

So tired..... I know I will feel less tired if I move but it's that double edged knife......

Thanks
    Reviews
    You should find some kind of exercise that you will find fun.

We dance each night. DP is a music lover so this works well for her and seeing her motivated and bouncy makes me motivated and bouncy :-)

We have youtube'd some dances from the Xbox dance central game and made a playlist

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beautyofthesoul that's a fantastic idea! I love dancing.
    I could do more of it with DD during the day too! She loves a boogey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I have the opposite problem, love exercise, diet isn't alwayss 100%

I find just getting up and going and it become habit. Now I feel my day is out of sorts if I don't go to the gym.

however, if your diet is very strict, you should be able to lose weight without exercise. What do you normally eat in a day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I have the opposite problem, love exercise, diet isn't alwayss 100%

I find just getting up and going and it become habit. Now I feel my day is out of sorts if I don't go to the gym.

however, if your diet is very strict, you should be able to lose weight without exercise. What do you normally eat in a day?
    I've always needed exercise to lose weight unless I totally starve myself.
    I'm still BF'ing so can't restrict calories too much.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Would you be able to work with a personal trainer? I started a few months ago expecting to hate it and him to be yelling at me (a la biggest loser) but he is so encouraging and I push myself sooo much harder than I knew I could, because he pushes me. I have been working with him one day a week and now I have started seeking out other exercise during the week (I found a free boxing fitness class sponsored by the local council so I do that each week).

I haven't really lost much weight (well, I don't weigh myself) but my shape has changed despite not really watching my diet and I looooovvvveeee how strong I am feeling and get so motivated by my increasing strength. I discovered I could do proper, actual sit ups and you would think I had just invented the wheel.

Must work on my diet....must work on my diet....must work on my diet...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (16-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good idea! then you can do some while she's awake and you're hopefully not feeling as tired. I'm sure she would love it too

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialK View Post
    Beautyofthesoul that's a fantastic idea! I love dancing.
    I could do more of it with DD during the day too! She loves a boogey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    bumping. anyone still around in this thread?

feel like I'm putting on a few around the middle since quitting the gym. not sure how to deal as the gym was boring me stupid and my motivation was zero but I'm also alarmed and depressed at seeing weight gain. what can I do?

I hate classes and any kind of group activity (feel self conscious) and am bored with normal gym. not looking for pt either as had one last year and it finished badly. I ran out of my last session in tears 😳😁

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lolly007 View Post
    bumping. anyone still around in this thread?

feel like I'm putting on a few around the middle since quitting the gym. not sure how to deal as the gym was boring me stupid and my motivation was zero but I'm also alarmed and depressed at seeing weight gain. what can I do?

I hate classes and any kind of group activity (feel self conscious) and am bored with normal gym. not looking for pt either as had one last year and it finished badly. I ran out of my last session in tears 😳😁
    I'm not saying you should get a pt but that is terrible and they were obviously not very good.

My pt was telling me that incline walking is the best kind of walking so I agree with MG, find some bloody big hills.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    she just really ****ed me off. I found her rude and too full on. I get that they're there to push you but she was verging on bullying. just made me feel crap about myself etc. got to the point where I just didn't want to be there, was in tears so just ran out and sat in the car crying while my husband finished his session.

I just think our personalities didn't gel.

plus I can't really justify the cost anymore. I get that they can be great but I'd prefer not to have to use one. I'm not massive anyway, just noticing a bit of weight gain that's bothering me. I'm so lazy I'd have lipo if it meant never having to step into a gym again 😂😂