+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Fertility Tea

Hi everyone!

I am very new here but have had some great advice from some of the ladies about IVF. Special mention to @Emerald26

I am currently in the TWW at the moment, this is our last chance before we start our IVF journey. Fingers crossed!!!

In the meantime, I am having a look into Fertility Teas. I see there are a lot available and am just wondering if anyone has had any success or if there are any other herbs etc that you recommend. I love tea but want to cut down caffeine (I don't drink coffee) but at the same time want to drink something with health benefits.

Any advice on Tea or anything else to help conception would be great.

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I used herbal teas to help me give up coffee when I started IVF. One thing I'd caution though is going overboard on the teas - some will still have caffeine and if you replace one coffee with eight teas you might end up with more caffeine than you started with.

That said, there is a bit of a flaw in the research around caffeine negatively impacting pregnancy. Emily Oster's book Expecting Better explains it very well if you want to look that up but basically while the research shows a correlation between really high coffee consumption and miscarriage this could also be attributed to a lack of pregnancy symptoms - meaning that women who have lots of nausea are just less likely to drink coffee so it's possible that the higher miscarriage rate could correlate to a lack of nausea (making coffee palatable) more than the caffeine itself.

Phew.

That said, I'm a huge fan of peppermint tea, it's definitely good for the bloating that goes with fertility and pregnancy and has no caffeine and it's nice to make a little ritual out of your teas.

Is also suggest making some teas from scratch - ie lemon, ginger, honey and mint steeped in an infused pot.
    It's a little ritual, it's special and tasty and can help to replace coffee.

I love T2 teas, especially Terrific Toffee but I'd suggest getting used to having them super weak so you aren't having too much caffeine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @ScubaGal. I love T2 teas too and I agree with you regarding the caffeine...all in moderation. I guess I am lucky that I don't drink coffee but need to increase my fluid intake, I am not great with water and was trying to improve with liquids that are at least beneficial for me if that makes sense.
    I just purchased some fertility tea from "your tea" website which is meant to help women with pcos and endometriosis (that's me). You have one cup in the morning and one at night. This will give me at least two extra cups a day. Lol.
    I was just worried when looking into tea if there were certain ones that shouldn't be taken by pregnant women. I love peppermint tea too @ScubaGal however, I have a blend in my cupboard that has in big bold red letters, do not take if pregnant so I was worried. Maybe there are some naturopaths in the forum that could shed some light? I have also contacted a naturopath in Melbourne that does tea blends to see what they recommend however, I am still waiting on a response. I will let you all know if I get a response

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Since you're doing IVF I'd just ask your FS if you need to be careful with herbal teas. Certainly some types contain ingredients that you might want to avoid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Ohhh I'm going to look into this! My pcos is awful at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Eeekk! $60 is a bit much for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Mamasupial. I thought it was very expensive too but it works out to $1 a cup and figure all other drinks I buy cost more than that and I will do anything to have a baby and in the meantime help painful ovulation and period pain. I will test it out and let you know if it works or if it's a waste of money!!! Will be in touch

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ampri3 For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (16-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by ampri3 View Post
    Hi @Mamasupial. I thought it was very expensive too but it works out to $1 a cup and figure all other drinks I buy cost more than that and I will do anything to have a baby and in the meantime help painful ovulation and period pain. I will test it out and let you know if it works or if it's a waste of money!!! Will be in touch
    Thanks! Override a few things that haven't worked so I'm not going to pay $60 unless it works. If they had smaller packs Id do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mamasupial I ended up cancelling my order with yourtea and am ordering some from a lady from Daylesford in Victoria. Much cheaper!!! And I have heard great things about her and have also had a few of her teas for different things. Will let you know how I go. Just wanted to keep you and anyone else interested updated.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ampri3 For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (18-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by ampri3 View Post
    @Mamasupial I ended up cancelling my order with yourtea and am ordering some from a lady from Daylesford in Victoria. Much cheaper!!! And I have heard great things about her and have also had a few of her teas for different things. Will let you know how I go. Just wanted to keep you and anyone else interested updated.
    Oh cool. Does she have a page I can look up?