+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default A KPI that is out of your control

I have a KPI worth 20% and it relates to ensuring everyone else completes a process. The due date is the end of this month and despite sending out 7 follow up / reminder emails this year, less than 14% of staff have completed it. It requires manager involvement too so managers are all aware of the status because I've been following up with them. There is heaps going on in the business at the moment that this just isn't a priority for anyone.

So my question is, do you think I am justified in asking for a reduction in the weighting of the goal as well as the 100% target, even though I have successfully met the goal in prior years when things weren't so busy. Should I just suck it up and accept a lower bonus this year on the basis that it is achievable, or argue that because of business circumstances and it being completely out of my control it should be reduced? I'm just not sure whether I'm being unreasonable or not as I've always found my goals to be achievable so I've never even questioned them.
    Last edited by JR03; 15-04-2015 at 12:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i would push for a reduction, if your managers arent forcing it how are you ment to get it done?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would also discuss a reduction. If you can show that you have asked everyone to complete the required then I can't see how much more you could do short of going around and forcing them to do it then and there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would push for a reduction, and can you redefine the criteria so you meet it?

I once had an activity that had an end aim of brand awareness (early sales visits, which I did not complete fully- too busy). I said yes, I did not complete the calls, but I did a different activity (e-newsletters centered around our product) off my own bat, which generated more and wider ranging brand awareness. Boss was a little surprised I found a way to meet the end aim! (we work in sales though- sometimes you have to be a little crafty)
    Last edited by SJ565; 15-04-2015 at 13:02.