+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What's your fave app?

Hi everyone!

I was hoping you could tell me what your favourite app is!

We have this article about best apps: http://www.bubhub.com.au/hubbub-blog...ncy-parenting/ but it is it WAY out of date.

Can you help us improve it by recommending a few apps that you love so it can be up-to-date and useful for others?

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by BH-tech; 17-08-2015 at 09:46. Reason: Link Update

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here's the article so you don't have to click the link

CONCEPTION/PREGNANCY/PARENTING

Total Baby ($5.99):
    A complete tracking and timing device for your baby. Monitor everything from feeds to baths to growth. You can store info for six kids and has dual timing for multiples.

Period Tracker Deluxe ($2.49): Records your periods and calculates your cycle length and fertile times. Also has the option to add symptoms. - chloeandme

Pregnancy Tracker from What To Expect (FREE): Keep track of your pregnancy with this app. It features a quick reference screen outlining how far along you are and the size and weight of your growing baby.

iPregnancy ($4.99): This pregnancy tracking app features 3D images each week, baby name finder, an OB visit tracker and a mood tracker.

Bub Hub (FREE): Um, only the best pregnancy and parenting app there is! Catch up with the BH forums, ask vital parenting/pregnancy questions and access other BH sections including articles, parents' reviews and our directory! - BH Editor

Super Baby Food (FREE): This app helps you to know what, when and how to feed your little one when they are starting on solids.

Baby Weaning ($2.49): If you're stumped for solids recipes for your little one this app has plenty of advice on starting solids as well as recipes for each stage of weaning.

Children's Panadol (FREE): Forget the rubber bands around the wrists this app has an extremely easy to use breast feeding tracker - with one tap it tracks your feeding and remembers which side you were up to! The app also features a dosage calculator and soothing baby lullabies.

My Baby & Me by Phillips Avent (FREE): Allows you to track your baby's weight, height, sleeps and feeds (breast and bottle). You can take your own photos to put into albums that can be shared online. There are sections for advice, local retailers for Philips products and registered breastfeeding locations near you. - bellalika

Also: Baby Smiles 0-6 Months ($2.49)

BEST APPS FOR THE KIDS

Farm Sounds Lite (FREE): This app has four screens each with a different farm animal. Let you kid touch the screen to hear the animal make a sound. Upgrade to the full version for $1.19 to see and hear many more farm animals. -

My Baby Einstein ($2.49): This Disney app is based on the Baby Einstein series. Includes personalised flash cards and previews of songs from the Baby Einstein Music Box Orchestra.

Kids Songs ($1.19): Do you try to sing kids songs to your little ones only to realise you don't know the words. This app could help - it features lyrics and melodies to 220 songs including On Top of Spaghetti, Pop Goes the Weasel and London Bridge.

White Noise Baby ($1.19): This features 15 looped ambient sounds, such as air-conditioner, heartbeat, vacuum cleaner, to help your baby sleep. Also detects if your phone is (or isn't) in flight mode so that no extra noises will wake bub.

Fisher-Price: Little People Farm ($2.49): Designed for children aged 2-5 years, this app is all about developing skills such as matching, object identification and memory.

Toddler Teasers Shapes (FREE): This app teaches preschool-aged children all about recognising shapes. There are other Toddler Teaser apps, but the Shapes app is the only free one.

ABC For Kids (FREE): This music-based app from ABC 4 Kids, features songs and video clips from your child's favourite ABC shows - including Hoot's Lullaby and clips from The Wiggles.

iPacifier (FREE): Create an even soundscape for your sleeping baby. You can even set iPacifier to gently fade as bub nods off. Sounds include white noise, river, forest night and big waterfall.

I Hear Ewe (FREE): This kids' app has three pages and each page consists of 12 buttons. Each button on page one is a farm animal. When pressed the children are told the name of the animal and then they hear the sound it makes. Page two in wild animals and page three is different forms of transport. - emmwill

Read Me Stories (FREE): You can subscribe to this app (about $2 a month) once your free trial is finished. Each day a new book is downloaded into your library of books. These are not animated but they are read to you as you turn the page. My 2-year-old loves this app. - emmwill

Monkey Pre-school Lunchbox ($1.19): Wonderful for toddlers. A series of puzzles that are age-appropriate based on fruits that could be placed in a lunchbox. Memory, puzzle and size differentiation are just a few examples. - bellalika

First Words - Animals ($2.49): A picture of an animal will appear and the voice will say what it's called. The letters of the names are placed on tiles that have to be arranged in the right order, and the letter is spoken when touched. My 2yo DD loves this game and even though it's American it has taught her SO many words and letters. She recognises almost all letters of the alphabet with help from this game. - chloeandme

Talking Tom Cat (FREE): Talking Tom is your pet cat, that responds to your touch and repeats everything you say in a very annoying voice (really annoying for parents!) - The C Team

Tozzle ($2.49/FREE 'lite' version): Tozzle is a puzzle game for toddlers. Toddlers choose from 39 (and counting) puzzles to solve. It is a drop and drag system. A hint is given after the second attempt if needed. - bellalika

BEST USEFUL APPS

IMDB (FREE): Struggling to name that guy ... from that movie ... with that girl in it ...? Struggle no more with the The Internet Movie Database app. - BH Editor

Facebook (FREE): Not sure if you've heard of it but Facebook is this website where people chat to their 'friends'. Weird I know! Sometimes they 'poke' each other too! Anyway you can also use it on your phone ... - BH Editor

My Shopping List (FREE): If you're like me you make a shopping list then leave it on the kitchen table. If you download this app you'll never leave your list at home again (unless you leave your phone at home of course, but who does that?) - BH Editor

eBay (FREE): Check your auctions or shop on the go with this app version of the popular auction site.

XE Currency (FREE): Find out the conversion rate of a wide range of currencies ... Super handy when travelling overseas or when needing to purchase foreign currency. - Me&MrMagoo

Pocket Weather AU ($2.49): Check the weather conditions for the upcoming week in your local area. Radars are also available to check rain and cloud. The home city can be changed. Is also great for checking out the weather in your upcoming travel destination. There's also an international version and a free Lite version. - Me&MrMagoo

Webjet (FREE): Compare and book flights on all Australian and New Zealand flights. Qantas, Virgin Australia, Jetstar, Tiger Airways, Rex, Skywest and Air New Zealand.

Shazam (FREE): Listening to the radio and love a song but have no idea who sings it? Hold your iPhone up the radio with the Shazam app open and Shazam will tell you all the song details! You then have the option to purchase it from iTunes. - Me&MrMagoo

AroundMe (FREE): This app finds where you are and lists all the nearest points of interest such as ATMs, banks, supermarkets, hotels, shopping centres, parking lots, pharmacies, etc. - chloeandme

Urbanspoon (FREE): An app version of the user-run restaurant review website. Find restaurants, cafes etc that suit your needs and budget, plus recent reviews of the quality of food and service. - chloeandme

PHOTO APPS

Instagram (FREE): a photo editing app that is great for turning happy snaps into something different ... It has a selection of filters to choose from, including cross process and black and white. It has a really easy user interface and allows for uploads direct to facebook and twitter. - Me&MrMagoo

ShakeItPhoto ($2.49): A photography app that gives your photos a really cool polaroid effect. Really quick and super easy to use ... upload to facebook and twitter capabilities. - Me&MrMagoo

Adobe Photoshop Express (FREE): Just like the PC version, this app lets you edit your photos using tools such as contrast, saturation, and black and white. There is also a selection of frames and effects. Upload to facebook and twitter capabilities. - Me&MrMagoo.

GAME APPS

Cut the Rope ($1.19/FREE 'Lite' version): A fun and totally addictive game. Use strategy to devise the best way to feed "Nom nom", an animated creature, candy. Collect as many of the three stars as you can in each stage to unlock the next level. - bellalika

Sally's Spa ($3.99/FREE 'Lite' version): Sally's Spa is a time management game. You control Sally, the owner/operator of a day spa. Purchase upgrades, equipment and staff with your profits. Trade your way to running spas in luxury locations around the words. - bellalika

Sally's Spa is a 'management' game where, in order to advance, you must successfully complete/ run each spa location. Refresh your customers with saunas, manicures, bath bombs, hot stones, massages and much more. - The C Team

Angry Birds ($1.19/ FREE 'Lite' version): A puzzle game where you have to slingshot birds at pigs. The aim is to destroy all of the pigs on the playing field. (This game is THE best!) - The C Team

Words with Friends ($3.99/ FREE 'lite' version): – Virtual scrabble that you are able to play with everyone you know. It's also linked to facebook enabling you to play with even more people. - The C Team

Cooking Dash ($3.99): A cooking game similar to Sally's Spa. - chloeandme

Smurf's Village (FREE): Remember Papa Smurf and all his blue little friends?
    Fashion Story (FREE): A totally addictive game where you run your own fashion boutique. Design your store, manage your stock orders and watch the customers shop up a storm (hopefully).

Doodlefind (FREE): This game - where you have to find items on your screen - is great when you've got only a few minutes to spare.

Fruit Ninja ($1.19/FREE 'lite' version): Swipe your finger across the screen to deliciously splatter fruit like a true ninja warrior. - The C Team

Tap Tap Revenge 4 (FREE): Very similar to guitar hero but for your phone. - The C Team

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone here tonight who could help me out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Kids

Play School art maker
    Humpty's birthday
    Ocean swimmer

Fertility/pregnancy

Pink pad period tracker
    Sprout pregnancy

Photos

Little moments app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (17-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

Default What's your fave app?

Oh also

The wonder weeks app

Pinterest

Google

7. The Following User Says Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (17-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Following

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh here are some boring but useful ones

Centrelink
    Paypal

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (17-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and my favourite

What'sapp
    And viber is ok occasionally

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (17-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by summastarlet View Post
    Kids

Play School art maker
    Humpty's birthday
    Ocean swimmer

Fertility/pregnancy

Pink pad period tracker
    Sprout pregnancy

Photos

Little moments app
    Thanks! My kids love that Humpty Birthday app! Can't believe I didn't think of that one myself!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    Oh here are some boring but useful ones

Centrelink
    Paypal
    Thanks! Definitely Centrelink for sure! Thanks!