Hi @Tahli I don't see Lynn but am a Monash patient. I did pgd in Feb this year. Before we started we had to have a meeting with a genetics counsellor. It was a wait of two weeks for the appointment. What the counsellor did was went through the 2 different options, acgh and snp-array. I am going from memory but I think she said acgh was 96% accurate and snp-array was 99% accurate. We had to take paperwork away and sign it and send it back. It was explaining everything again and signing that you understood that there was still margin for error and an abnormal could be normal (not that you would know this) and a normal could be abnormal. Monash only test on day 5 as they take a few cells. The results take 2-3 weeks to come back. I asked about day 3 and she said they don't do it anymore as it is not as accurate.
On the day of egg collection we met with an embryologist who asked us what we wanted to do if none were good enough for testing and we said we would transfer one. I asked if we had only one on day 3 would they biopsy it and she said no, they do not biopsy day 3. The embryologists keep you updated during the week. On day 3 I was called to say I still had 6 going and the stages they were at. I was also asked if i knew if we were going through cgh or snp. Cgh was $670 an embryo and snp was $3700 up to a maximum of 8 embryos. I said it depended on number of embryos. I also booked myself in for a transfer on day 5 in case none were at biopsy stage. The embryologist said they had to be at a certain stage for transfer, a certain stage for freezing and a certain stage for biopsy. On day 5 we received a call from the embryologist about 7:45am. She said one was ready to be biopsied. Another 3 could possibly be biopsied later that day or day 6, the 5th may get there and the 6th was lagging. I I said as there was one to biopsy to do acgh and hoped at least 3 others would get there and I wouldn't have a fresh transfer. About 3 hours later the embryologist called to say she couldn't biopsy it as she couldn't grab enough cells. I said I would come in for a transfer in case it happened to all of them. When we got there, the embryologist spoke to us. She said to forget the lagging one and we still had 5 in play. I asked for the one that probably wouldn't get to biopsy stage to be transferred. The following day (day 6) I received a call to say the other 4 had been biopsied and I got results just over 2 weeks later.
I hope my essay helps 😀 just know that you can decide on day 5 what you are doing but you need to communicate your thoughts with your Nurse and the embryologists during the week.