+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nutrition and exercise

Hi ladies,

I'm feeling a bit down about what I've been eating lately. I'm currently 8.5 weeks pregnant. Before getting pregnant I was very active (weight training and cardio 5-6 days a week) and followed a very clean diet. These days I barely have the energy to drag myself out of bed, let alone go to the gym! Morning sickness has reared its ugly head, more so the last 3 weeks. I'm totally put off food due to nausea. When I do eat all I can manage is toast, fruit and crackers. The thought of eating vegetables and meat makes me want to vomit. Occasionally when I am feeling slightly better, I crave high carb/fat foods ( craving a chicken burger from McDonald's right now!)

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on how to improve my diet? I'm aware that getting in what I can is important, but I can't help beating myself up about eating the occasional burger!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been feeling the same - I was so active and then the last few weeks I have been struggling to 'stay on track'. I was feeling bloated and exhausted. I'm 6 weeks and feeling so many changes. So I've given myself a break. Decided to allow myself to do as much or as little exercise as I need to and the same with food ... For now. I have been staring down a salad each day with it turning my stomach while I crave a toasted sandwich (unheard of for me just weeks ago!). But I'm having the toasted sandwich this week enjoying every bite and it really is delicious. Hopefully it's only going to be for a few weeks (I'm at 6 weeks) until I feel back on top of things and I can reintroduce my exercise and salads but until then it's whatever the body wants, it gets (within reason of course!). I managed some baked sweet potato and stir fried vegetables for dinner tonight and it was delicious, especially the sweet potato. My carb cravings are in full swing. I would normally add chicken but not tonight. Since adjusting my mindset a few days ago and cutting myself a break I feel amazing, more energy (from sleeping in rather than dragging myself to the gym) and more positive from not guilt tripping myself for not eating the salad. So for me at the moment it's been a case of listening to my body and being kind to myself. Because salad this week for me is not an option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's so lovely to know other people are going through the same thing - thank you for getting back to me!
    It's definitely challenging! Today is the 9 week mark for me, I'm trying to stay focused and remind myself these effects won't last (fingers crossed!)

I thought I was feeling better when I woke up this morning but I'm laying down willing my body not to be sick. Not having much luck.
    I hope you are feeling a little better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is crucial time and you should really take good care of yourself. AS you become pregnant your body changes so does its needs. If it happens continuously then you should consult your doctor and adhere to what they say.

Be active but do not do which your body at this not support. Take care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is anyone doing les Miles classes? I've read their do's and don't 's and pretty much said you can do all classes but body combat (awww myfavourite)

So you think I can still continue with body pump (less weights) and body attack? I know with body step it's recommended to do one step instead of 2.