+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default When did AF return after D&C?

DP and I have decided that the best for us to move on from our loss is to throw ourself into another cycle. Of course we have to wait for AF to arrive, and I guess I am just interested in how long it took for other people to get theirs are having a D&C. Bub died at 9w2d and D&C was at 10 weeks.

I assume hcg has to drop to 0 before your body can start ovulating etc again?

The doc said 4-8 weeks is average.

For us - D&C was on Friday, HCG on saturday (so 4 days ago) was 13,000 (down from 38,500 on Wednesday) so we still have a while to go before levels even hit 0 I would imagine?

What was your experience?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't have a D&C with my miscarriage - I let it happen naturally (I was 6-7) weeks. You count the first day of your bleeding as CD1 (which may be your D&C day - not sure). My cycle was 38 days before my period returned.

Hugs xxx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default When did AF return after D&C?

Oh and levels of HCG below 20 is clinically 'not pregnant'. Some peoples basal level of HCG can be 5. You don't need to be 0 to ovulate. Mine dropped quickly from 6500 to around 250 then sat for 5 days at that. Dropped to 60 after 8 days then I never had it checked again.
    Last edited by lolz83; 14-04-2015 at 14:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Expecting AF around 1-2 weeks from now. D&C was 7 weeks ago tomorrow.
    I remember in the days following my D&C that I wanted to get straight back to IVF (FETs) after the mc. However the recovery was not smooth sailing, and it is likely we will wait another cycle after AF before going back for transfer.
    I underestimated the physical and emotional toll the mc took out of both me and my partner, make sure you look after each other. Hugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found that trying straight away helped me too.

I got AF 4 weeks to the day after D&C. My D&C was at 7 and a bit weeks. You can definitely ovulate with hcg in your system - I know I did because I was using pregnancy tests to see the line/hcg fade out. I had my curette on a Monday, ovulated 18 days later and got my period 10 days after that. I have a short luteal phase (9-10 days instead of 14) so if I was more normal it would have been closer to 5 weeks before AF.

All the best with your journey, hope you get your bubba really soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So sorry about your loss RR, good luck and sticky vibes for the next cycle. My D&C's took 5 and 6 weeks respectively.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thanks so much ladies xxx I'm truly sorry you're also in this depressing club.

If there are complications with a d&c when would they make themselves known? DP only had spotting for two days and cramps the day after. It's been 4 days now and she is fine, back to usual activities etc.

Good to know about ovulating, hopefully then it won't be as long as the clinic are predicting.

Good luck for everyone still TTC xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    My situation is slightly different in that I had a medically induced miscarriage as opposed to a d&c. So my MC cycle has gone like this:
    26th march - miscarriage happened. hcg @32000
    30th march - hcg @1800
    9th april (2 weeks later) - hcg @110 & ultrasound confirmed I was in fact ovulating (follicle was releasing)
    16th april - hcg @25
    19th April (4 weeks after MC) - started what I think is my AF!

So as I have proven you can most definately ovulate with hcg in your system. I also expected that AF would take many more weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i didn't have a d & c, but at 8 weeks my hcg was 9500, then 10 days later was 325, and yesterday (2 weeks later) was 5. I stopped bleeding a week ago, and in my experience, I have always ended up with AF exactly a month after the bleeding stops, so I guess we'll see if it's the same this time... FWIW straight after the bleeding I have had EWCM so not sure if I am gearing up to ovulate now, or if it's still not happened yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can finally answer this question! 8 weeks to the day.
    Taking the next month off TTC, and then will go back for a FET if all goes well