+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't touch the BBQ, lawnmower or power tools. He doesn't touch the ironing board or sewing machine. We're both capable of doing all of these things but I'm better at inside stuff & he's better at outside.
    Bins: my pet peeve - I think it's a man job but DH is often away on bin night so I have to suck it up and do it 😣

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We don't have a BBQ, we pay someone to mow our lawns, we have garden maintenance included in our rent - not much 'pants' work to be done at our place!

DH takes out the bins/recycling, but I have no qualms about doing these chores myself when required. DH does some housework and his own washing. He will do some other light handyman type stuff like replacing light globes too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    Just interested to know who wears the pants in your household, as in who mows the lawn, bbq's dinner, does the painting etc.

Personally I love doing all that stuff, quite a bit of it was out of necessity when DH was Fifo, but DH can be quite possessive over these type of tasks now. I stood my ground until I broke the lawnmower... ������He's never let me live that down! Haha
    Neither... we rent- gardening is included in our rent, we're not allowed paint/DIY.

ETA: I would say that I wear the pants, so to speak. As I tell him what to do, when, and how long he has to do it in. Or I just do it all myself.
    He won't do it if I don't "hound" him.
    Last edited by DT75; 14-04-2015 at 14:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DH does the lawns, bins, BBQ and generally odd jobs around our house. I have never used a BBQ or lawnmower!! However, if needed I would certainly figure it out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Years ago I would have said me. Though I think we are fairly equal and we agree on most things. DH does almost everything though. I work then come home, eat, shower and sleep. DH does the cooking, cleaning, vacuuming, washing and dishes. I'm very lucky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We both have a leg in the pants!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinkers For This Useful Post:

Olive Oil  (14-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Who wears the 'pants' in your household

It's funny, I am the "breadwinner" and DH is primarily the child carer but when it comes to everything else in the household, we tend to revert back to traditional roles.

Except vacuuming. I frickin hate vacuuming!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dp does the mowing and lawn care because if i started. Doing it he would do not much of anything. Im not taking away the one thing he takes responsibility for. He does most of the fixing and stuff too because i can never find the tools and he does it way better. I handle the animals and gardens cause im way better at those things. Most other stuff is shared tho i have to ask.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I probably wear the pants. He mows the lawn only if I nag him enough, otherwise I do everything round the house. He changes light bulbs but I have to nag about it for a while. He takes bins out most of the time though I bring them back in. He sometimes cooks, does zero cleaning although washes up occasionally, I hate washing up. He sometimes vacuumes but only if something has spilled on the floor that promptly needs vacuuming although it's mostly my job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I do everything being the stay at home one. The only thing I can't use is the wipper snipper so I tell dh to do the lawns when they need doing

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app