+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is it ok to have a C section?

My first child left me with a nasty 3rd degree tear, upon having my first bowel movement my external stitches busted and I tore some more from my anus then the internal stitches were left exposed to the air so they did not dissolve and continued to scratch away at my tissue and anus until I begged for them to be removed. They were removed in a hospital 3 months later and It was confirmed that I had damaged the walls inside my anus. it's been 3 years and every time i have a bowel movement and wipe very thoroughly with a wet wipe by the time I go to use the bathroom again and wipe it looks like i just did not wipe my bottom at all the first time, I'm slowly leaking fecal fluid for hours after having made a bowel movement.

Not only this by my tail bone was so damaged from birth that i could not sit without pain for 16 months !! and even today 3 years later (after gaining a few kg) it is starting to hurt again.

My first baby was 4.3kg.... what is the next one is larger?

I have zero desire to have natural birth again. I already know I will not handle it or control it I will have a meltdown the moment I go into labor and chances I will get induced again).

Hospital said I can ask for a C section and will defiantly get one. but some people are still telling me next birth will be better and i should stay positive about a vaginal birth. Someone please tell me it's ok to just have a C sec.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Of course it is. You do what you feel is right for YOU. No one else knows your journey. Good luck ☺

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gracie's Mum For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (14-04-2015),Amiedoll  (16-04-2015),KitiK  (14-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Of course it's ok! You do what you need to, it's your body and your baby so do what you are comfortable with. It's not up to anyone else. Big hugs

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silverbreeze For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (14-04-2015),KitiK  (14-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It's ok. It really is. You need to do what YOU feel comfortable with. Don't listen to anyone else - they haven't had a birth trauma and you have.

I had a birth trauma with my first - it was pretty scary and drawn out and I still have physical problems to this day (9 years later). I ended up needing a C/seciton with the twins. But when it came to the choice about my 4th - I just knew I couldn't go VB again, I was too scared.

Don't get me wrong, c/sections are no walk in the park - and I did end up getting quite sick after the last one from infection. But at the end of the day, you need to choose what will work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by babybloom View Post
    My first child left me with a nasty 3rd degree tear, upon having my first bowel movement my external stitches busted and I tore some more from my anus then the internal stitches were left exposed to the air so they did not dissolve and continued to scratch away at my tissue and anus until I begged for them to be removed. They were removed in a hospital 3 months later and It was confirmed that I had damaged the walls inside my anus. it's been 3 years and every time i have a bowel movement and wipe very thoroughly with a wet wipe by the time I go to use the bathroom again and wipe it looks like i just did not wipe my bottom at all the first time, I'm slowly leaking fecal fluid for hours after having made a bowel movement.

Not only this by my tail bone was so damaged from birth that i could not sit without pain for 16 months !! and even today 3 years later (after gaining a few kg) it is starting to hurt again.

I have zero desire to have natural birth again. I already know I will not handle it or control it I will have a meltdown the moment I go into labor and chances I will get induced again).

Hospital said I can ask for a C section and will defiantly get one. but some people are still telling me next birth will be better and i should stay positive about a vaginal birth. Someone please tell me it's ok to just have a C sec.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Babybloom, I'm so sorry you had such an awful time! I'm probably not much help because I haven't given birth yet but I just wanted to say please do what you're comfortable with not what others try & push you to do. They haven't gone through what you have so I hope they would be respectful of whatever decision you make. It's your body & you've got to do what's healthy for you & what you're comfortable with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's your body and your call. If you feel most comfortable having a c-section then that's definitely okay. Don't let anyone tell you what you should do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is defiantly ok to have a c section! xx don't let any negative Nancy's tell you otherwise...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybloom View Post

Oh that sounds really traumatic.

A c section is absolutely fine, good luck and don't listen to anyone who tries to make you feel bad about your decisions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How awful for you. I would definately be going a c section...and of course it is ok. Hope you have a much better experience.
    All the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Only 'you' know what is right for 'you' as you are the one who will have to live/deal with the aftermath of your decision, good, bad or indifferent hon. By all means the medical fraternity will advise you on your potential risks for both repeat vaginal birth or c/sec but at the end of the day it really is a matter of weighing up the pros and cons of both choices and going from there.

You have said you have 'zero desire' to have a natural birth again and that you may meltdown, so given that, I think you have your answer and wouldn't let others sway you either way, as people will tell you things with mostly good intentions, but at the end of the day, it is not their body.

We are all different and our situations are different, so I would say go with what 'you' feel is the best for your body and your state of mind OP.

All the best with whatever you chose to do hon.

And, it is absolutely without question Okay to have a c/section if that is what you desire, it absolutely is.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (14-04-2015)