+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What age can they share?

I have two dd's. One dd is three and one a newborn. The three yr old is a dreadful sleeper and scared of her room. So whilst I know they can't share now.....

I'm wondering when do you all think is a good age for them to start sharing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Following this, I have a 3.5 year old ds and a 3 month old dd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope someone can enlighten us both 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    my two have both been in my room since birth, ds1 was 3 when ds2 came along.
    theyre fine together so much so that when I move Im considering setting up a play room and a bedroom for them to share

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ThenThereWereThree For This Useful Post:

MrsSS  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ThenThereWereThree View Post
    my two have both been in my room since birth, ds1 was 3 when ds2 came along.
    theyre fine together so much so that when I move Im considering setting up a play room and a bedroom for them to share
    So no problem with the older one with the baby? That's interesting and great news... I'm thinking once dd2 is ready for her own room I might have to put them in together.

Thank you!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    My two boys have shared since DS2 was 7 months old, and DS1 was 2.5 yrs. Both were very good sleepers by then.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamilicious For This Useful Post:

MrsSS  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSS View Post
    So no problem with the older one with the baby? That's interesting and great news... I'm thinking once dd2 is ready for her own room I might have to put them in together.

Thank you!!!

nope, Im really strict on bedtime with him and once he's down he sleeps through everything (literally, it stormed once and was raining on his head and he didnt even stir :/ and he rolls out of bed without waking)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ThenThereWereThree For This Useful Post:

MrsSS  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I moved my 3yo and 1yo DDs together. I lasted two nights. It wasn't even them, it was me. I didn't realise how high strung I would be about one waking the other up. So I was constantly jumping at every noise. After two nights of hell I went to work and my parents swapped them back to seperate rooms for me. Now my 3yo says it was her grandparents that made the call not me .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I moved my 3yo and 1yo DDs together. I lasted two nights. It wasn't even them, it was me. I didn't realise how high strung I would be about one waking the other up. So I was constantly jumping at every noise. After two nights of hell I went to work and my parents swapped them back to seperate rooms for me. Now my 3yo says it was her grandparents that made the call not me .
    ^^ love it...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsSS For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a DD and DS only 15 months apart. Both good sleepers. I Kept my DS (second child) in our room for first 6 months then into his own room. Then moved them both in together when DS was around 14 months.
    We made the move because my DD was starting to wake up a lot which is not like her and she just wanted me or husband to sit in there with her till she went back to sleep, so i thought she was looking for some company- so suggested her brother share with her and she was excited.

It is surprising how they can sleep through each others wakes (if one wakes) Some nights they muck around at going to bed time- as we put them down together. But mainly it is just them chatting/laughing for 20 minutes then one of them drops off to sleep and other one gives up as well. They play/chat together in the morning till we open the door- this is so lovely to hear and means a bit of extra lie-in for us parents.

You will just have to try and see what happens but i say give it at least a week to allow them to adjust. For us it helped solve our DD waking problems so you never know.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mandmbaby For This Useful Post:

MrsSS  (14-04-2015)