+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Is this the April IVF thread?

It's so quiet!!!

This is my first IVF cycle. My 5th day of gonalf injections and just started orgalutran for the first time today. Took hubby 3 goes to get it in! aieeee! and it stung and itched! I did two stimulated IUI cycles last year then had about ?9 months break in order to lose 7.5kg in order to start IVF. The break terrifies me... how many eggs do I have left now?! And I'm 9 months older! About to hit 35! eeep!
    @AtticusBean - I have a needle phobia with fainting response and the gonalf injections are awesome! I watched a youtube video on someone doing it which helped me. I got hubby to do it the first two times so I could get used to what it would feel like and then I took over. I prefer doing it myself so you can go as slow as you need etc.
    @babymchicken - yay thats grea - 5 embies!

Can you guys tell me what the egg retrieval is like? I'm a little worried about it as I hate the whole needle in the back of the hand thing, I hate the idea of being sedated to sleep and I hate the idea of being in there alone without a support person. How do you feel afterwards? whats the pain like? ET doesnt worry me as it's the same as IUI.

Anyone else on clexane?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by barca07 View Post
    @babymcchicken: 5, that's great news!! Hope you're feeling a bit better today.

Are u still transferring tomorrow?
    @atticusbean: You'll be fine i don't like needles, but they were fine...you barely feel anything. I found that i worked myself up a lot, which made it harder to actually do. Whereas when i just did it without thinking too much about it, it was fine.
    I didn't get any side effects, just after a few days my ovaries started to feel 'full' and uncomfortable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @furbabymum

My embryologist was there to hold my hand, bit of pain getting the needle stick but you're out of it quick enough. Very tender afterwards. Heat pack and painkillers are your best friends! Much better today, 2 days after but still tender. The pressure in that area made it sore to pee, cough, laugh even. I'm about to turn 35 in a few months!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Babymcchicken For This Useful Post:

furbabymum  (21-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Furbabymum:

I had my first Egg collection last week. I too have a phobia of general anesthetic. It was fine... The whole procedure only took about 20 mins, so didn't have the yuk groggy feeling afterwards. I went to work the next day... I was tender but. It too bad.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Barca07 For This Useful Post:

furbabymum  (21-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ET done! Of the 5 eggs that fertilised, 4 were at stage 4cell which was bang on for the timeframe. 1 was a 2 cell, so a little slower. Fragmentation was minimal or not at all which is good news. So now I have 1 on board and they will freeze 4. 2WW officially starts now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay!!! Congrats @Babymcchicken. 4 frozen is good

The dreaded 2ww... When is you BT booked?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a HPT given to me, 1st may.... Will go from there.... Debating when I can start my POAS obsession..... I am in Melb for work next week, so I reckon it will start when I get back!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Babymcchicken such great news. Have u got a 2WW plan? Distractions?
    I picked my meds up today. Start on 112.5 gonal f tomorrow. I feel good about starting!
    Anyone else starting meds soon? They gave me an instructional dvd to watch tonight!! Big Friday night in haha

Welcome @furbabymum. I suppose this is the april thread.
    How you feeling so far?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @AtticusBean: how did you go with you first needles?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Babymcchicken that is fantastic news! I bet you are relieved to have 4 frozen embies I hope you find some things to keep you occupied for the next two weeks!
    @AtticusBean how did you go with your first injection? I am starting my meds soon as soon as AF decides to show up (she is 6 days late!)