+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Netflix, Stan, Presto

Netflix I like because it's user friendly, ******s at a higher quality and (based on the US) will update content fairly often. I do prefer the US version though and will switch my iPad back soon. Will probably get appletv so I can have access to both.
    iinet (inc. internode) is unmetered with Netflix.
    One of the awesome things about Netflix (not for me cos no kids) is their kids section. It's incredibly easy for kids to navigate without stumbling on anything inappropriate.

Stan seems ok so far - same quality as netflix, though I'm finding it a little temperamental. It's content is similar, but a little different. More TV shows, less movies.

Presto I'm not impressed with. I have a six month free trial. It will only steam in SD. The only positive is that it has a massive range of older kids movies, particularly Disney. TV shows are an awful selection though.

With Stan and Netflix - it's $20-ish a month - so I figure it's less than buying a new movie a month. Unlimited internet so that doesn't bother me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeymourTheBear View Post
    Netflix I like because it's user friendly, ******s at a higher quality and (based on the US) will update content fairly often. I do prefer the US version though and will switch my iPad back soon. Will probably get appletv so I can have access to both.
    iinet (inc. internode) is unmetered with Netflix.
    One of the awesome things about Netflix (not for me cos no kids) is their kids section. It's incredibly easy for kids to navigate without stumbling on anything inappropriate.

Stan seems ok so far - same quality as netflix, though I'm finding it a little temperamental. It's content is similar, but a little different. More TV shows, less movies.

Presto I'm not impressed with. I have a six month free trial. It will only steam in SD. The only positive is that it has a massive range of older kids movies, particularly Disney. TV shows are an awful selection though.

With Stan and Netflix - it's $20-ish a month - so I figure it's less than buying a new movie a month. Unlimited internet so that doesn't bother me.
    What do you mean without stumbling onto anything inappropriate ...?

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You can lock their profile out to only access children's content, so they won't be able to watch rouge episodes of Orange is the new Black scrolling through looking for Doc McStuffins

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love Netflix but I wish they had more educational content for a 2-3 year kid to watch! We limit screen time of course, but sometimes kids get to learn their abcs only if you present it in a fun way!..

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Netflix, Stan, Presto

To get US Netflix download google chrome and then add the Hola app. You can switch to any region. I watch AU, US and UK Netflix all from just the one aussie subscription using Hola.
    Think it's great value for the $12 Netflix monthly fee. The Hola app doesn't cost you anything

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sejimumma For This Useful Post:

Jensha  (14-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sejimumma, not very techno savy here, so apologies if this is a stupid question, we are getting a smart tv installed tomorrow. Can I download this app onto the tv and change to the U.S. version?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sejimumma View Post
    To get US Netflix download google chrome and then add the Hola app. You can switch to any region. I watch AU, US and UK Netflix all from just the one aussie subscription using Hola.
    Think it's great value for the $12 Netflix monthly fee. The Hola app doesn't cost you anything
    Thank you!! We were accessing the American version but were going through another party that required me to change all my settings and pay $10 a month so we cancelled.
    Just downloaded this app and I'm back up and running

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Love Netflix but we watch the US content as it has a lot more available.

Also watch Hulu (through US).

Don't even bother with free to air anymore except for the news.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing!!! Really want the US Netflix as well!!! Does that App work with smart TVs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    What's the deal with Hulu? I've heard of it but I'm not sure what it is exactly.