+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We have 2 Apple TVs (one upstairs and one downstairs). Both of these have Netflix with the American content. When they released the Australian content we downloaded the app, signed in with the same account and have the Aussie version on our iPads. Best of both worlds really. It's definitely worth it for us, we have binge sessions all the time. I've heard talk about a Netflix global, where the entire content is available world wide. No more segregation between countries! Now that would be awesome!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

Jensha  (14-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How do you get the one with the U.S. content for netflix?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    Also, if you dont have fast internet; the quality is AWFUL.
    I don't know, we have cr@p internet and Netflix ******s at 1080p (or very close to it). Our internet is affected by wet weather, as in it becomes soooo slow. Even with the ground squelching from all the rain we were ********* Netflix at nearly 1080p.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    How do you get the one with the U.S. content for netflix?
    DH worked it out. Something to do with not using an australian credit card. We got one of those pre-pay/reloadable Visa cards from the post office. As it is not an australian registered credit card, there was no geographical block. He never worked out how to get around it on the iPads though, because you can't download the American apps. I don't know the specifics of how he set it up on the Apple TV though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    DH worked it out. Something to do with not using an australian credit card. We got one of those pre-pay/reloadable Visa cards from the post office. As it is not an australian registered credit card, there was no geographical block. He never worked out how to get around it on the iPads though, because you can't download the American apps. I don't know the specifics of how he set it up on the Apple TV though

You need an American dns to use the American Netflix, just have a quick google, I don't think I can tell you exact websites on the forum.

Hope that helps.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Lost In The Fifties~ For This Useful Post:

Olive Oil  (14-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Lost In The Fifties~ View Post
    You need an American dns to use the American Netflix, just have a quick google, I don't think I can tell you exact websites on the forum.

Hope that helps.
    I don't need to work it out, that's what DH is for haha. I just reap the rewards of his hard work 😄

10. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

~Lost In The Fifties~  (13-04-2015)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Wow. Don't get Presto. My Stan free subscription just ran out so I signed up for Presto. Seriously lame, don't even bother. Some of the series they advertised as having (girls, TWD) they only have very limited episodes of.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (16-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What did you think of Stan? Got it, don't go with presto. I find netflix quite limited as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We've got a free trial of Netflix at the moment, then we'll have it for free for a further 6 months through a deal we made with Optus.

We've so far watched a few episodes of Derek, which we've enjoyed. The movies will come in handy too.

I wouldn't say it's the bees knees, but it certainly provides us with additional viewing options outside of Foxtel/free to air.