+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    God it's so hard to ask questions without looking like a stalker!

But I was wondering if the friend you suspected it was has been in touch with you?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

ChelleBH  (10-05-2015),DT75  (11-05-2015),moosey  (11-05-2015),RaraMum  (11-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    God it's so hard to ask questions without looking like a stalker!

But I was wondering if the friend you suspected it was has been in touch with you?
    Thanks for checking in...my friend has become totally MIA. She has deactivated her Facebook and isn't talking to any of our other friends. I have actually left a message on her phone asking if everything is ok and that I'm here if she needs to talk.
    I'm actually feeling really sorry for her and I'm trying to reach out in the hopes that we can at least talk about it. It's hard, but hopefully she will be in touch soon.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moosey For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (11-05-2015),Wise Enough  (12-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by moosey View Post
    Thanks for checking in...my friend has become totally MIA. She has deactivated her Facebook and isn't talking to any of our other friends. I have actually left a message on her phone asking if everything is ok and that I'm here if she needs to talk.
    I'm actually feeling really sorry for her and I'm trying to reach out in the hopes that we can at least talk about it. It's hard, but hopefully she will be in touch soon.
    Can you work out why this friend would do that? Is she lonely/bored etc? I'm so interested in the psychology of why people do certain things so I'm perplexed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have absolutely no idea, this is a person who has a great job, great husband and is totally "normal". It is one person who you would least expect. The only thing I can think of is her trouble with infertility but I can't imagine what the link would be.
    Obviously it's still unconfirmed but the disappearing act makes me think it's her. Plus some other things that have happened in the past make me think things are a bit off with her.
    Honestly, this has been one of the most difficult things that I've gone through...mainly because it's like the person I thought I knew is just not the same person. It's so weird and it's hard because I have only told my husband (and you guys).
    I feel really protective of her so don't want to tell anyone...I know!! It's so weird. I feel sad even typing this. It's just a really confusing time.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to moosey For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (11-05-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    @moosey you are an extremely compassionate friend. I hope you can talk things out if for no other reason than getting you closure and giving this friend the help she needs.

The thing is, people can have amazing looking lives and still be very unwell or jealous of others. You just never know. I would tread lightly if I were you, but reaching out to contact her is a sign of the person you are IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh! I hope you're ok. I've got goosebumps reading through this thread. So bizarre! :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank you for getting back to me. It's one of those bub hub threads that I'm waaaay too curious about! Since it is painful to talk about I won't ask again, but I will just beg of you to update us if anything happens.

I hope you're friend is ok and gets the help that she needs.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

moosey  (12-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @moosey im so glad you are being protective and lovely about it. Because if it is her she obviously has mental health issues. I would hate for anything bad to happen to her. (And you too) but I hope I'm making sense.

I think you have taken all the right steps in protecting yourself from now on and also your family. Hugs hun! Xx

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (12-05-2015),moosey  (13-05-2015)