+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @moosey
    we are all hear if you need us (non-stalkery I swear!)

... I'm afraid to say anything as I understand that it could come across oddly to you... argh.

Stupid selfish stalkers..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moosey View Post
    Hey guys, I've been hanging low but reading along. I feel very nervous to post anything on here. It's been very full on with still no word from my friend. Feeling confused. I obviously haven't deleted my account because I don't think it's fair but at the same time I'm too scared to be myself on here and talk about things I want to talk about.
    I've had some lovely people pm me on here which I really appreciate but deep down I get stressed wondering who you are!!
    Thanks for everyone replying. I'll let you know if anything else happens.
    I am one of those that Pm'ed you, I too thought that the reason why you didn't reply again is because who can you really trust anymore?
    I watch my first episode of catfish last week and I was gobsmacked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg I just read all this and was like "holy heck!"

Sounds like you know who it is and get silence is an admission of guilt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's quite scary.

I'd be planting a few targeted posts about specific things and see if they get replicated. Then you'll know that something is definitely up!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

TTC7  (28-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A little freaked out...I've just been looking over my old threads to see if anything stands out, when I've looked through my threads i can see that there are all these posts I haven't started. There is another user on this site with a very similar name to mine that looks like their posts are linked to my account. I'm not sure if bubhub is confused by our similar names or whether I should be worried. Thoughts?

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Why do you think it's linked to your account?

When I look through my old threads I also get threads started by someone called 'sharvs'. Is that what you mean?

Like if there is another user called shmoosey it's coming up as your threads? I think it's just related to the search function. Hth.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

moosey  (28-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Why do you think it's linked to your account?

When I look through my old threads I also get threads started by someone called 'sharvs'. Is that what you mean?

Like if there is another user called shmoosey it's coming up as your threads? I think it's just related to the search function. Hth.
    When I look at the threads I've started, there are all these ones from someone called missmoosey. That's not me! I haven't commented on these threads so not sure why it's coming up as "participated"

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Yeah it's just the search function afaik. I can see why you'd be alarmed after your experience but it's nothing to worry about :-)

When I first saw the sharvs ones I was so confused!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

moosey  (28-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Yeah it's just the search function afaik. I can see why you'd be alarmed after your experience but it's nothing to worry about :-)

When I first saw the sharvs ones I was so confused!
    Phew! Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick thought about weeding out this person - consider releasing new specific and different information in separate contexts/sites/social media. Wouldn't need to be accurate to your life but enough that may give you an indication in time which context is the leak and get you closer to narrowing down or confirming the person. Your suss person would need to not have access to all contexts. Can be time consuming. Start a mind map if you are keen.

As annoying as it is, it probably wouldn't constitute a criminal offence at this stage, but if it escalated it may. There are a lot of nutters out there. Hopefully this one fits the harmless/bored category. Good luck with it all!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Que Sera For This Useful Post:

DT75  (28-04-2015)