+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I'm a carb monster too waterlily. I love fresh white rolls with roast beef, pasta and potatoes.

I found though there are so many hidden carbs. Sauces and dairy were the stand out ones.

Girlsrock - I agree about breakfast. Eggs do get boring. But I found once I hit ketosis I often just skipped it. Probably not the best but I wasn't hungry.
    They are just too damn tasty. I'm also a vegan so that makes the whole processes slightly harder. But hey no dairy to worry about

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I need to join you guys too. I had great success with LCHF before my last pregnancy but just can't seem to get going again, I think breastfeeding plays too much havoc with my appetite!
    I'm at 70kg (have been since about 2 weeks after DS2 was born- he's 6 months now!) and am going to get down to 62kg (pre-pregnancy weight).
    I just saw this on Facebook and thought I would share- it is from the real meal revolution- lists of foods to eat freely/ what to avoid etc
    (Sorry can't figure out how to link on my phone, you'll have to cut and paste)- http://realmealrevolution.com/real-food-lists#green

A-Squared- there is carbs in dairy, from the lactose. Milk has more than cream has more than butter.
    I still have dairy, but have to limit milk - instead of my much loved flat white coffee, I now have a long black and just add a dash of milk, or cream.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI all, I hope I can join in too? I try to eat this way most of the time- lost over 15kgs 18 months ago by cutting out white processed carbs/biscuits/processed snacks/junk as much as possible. I have let a few kgs come back on- mainly thru chocolate and takeaway meals thru the holidays. Some things I like to eat are:
    1. Brekky:fried or boiled eggs (I love eggs so much- sometimes I sprinkle fresh herbs and lemon zest on top), yoghurt with LSA, nuts, small bit of fruit, black coffee.
    2. lunch: tuna with lemon, salad, hummous, pinenuts, or veg soup made from whatever I have.
    3. dinner:home made curry with dollop of yoghurt, or thai chicken curry- basically, protein and veg- I skip the pasta/rice/bread.
    4. diet coke can mid afternoon.
    5. portion control- small plate or cup.
    Subbing for more ideas too. Good luck everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd like to join in too! I need to read up on it all more though. I've got 15 kgs to lose and have lost 15 since I had my 3rd bub in March 2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Say what!? Carbs in dairy?

yep and if you love a good coffee like I do, you really have to limit it. 1 standard sized latte has about 12g of carbs. To eat LCHF and lose weight you need to keep your carbs to a minimum. I eat to maintain weight and keep my carbs to under 50g, so 2 latte's and I have used up half of my carb allowance for the day. I try and have only one coffee a day, but on days like today, where I got up really early, I've just had my second coffee.

the thing that really shocked me was that fact that fruit and veg has so many carbs. I tend to stick to berries for fruit but limit myself to one small serve (say 5 strawberries) a day. I was also shocked at the amount of carbs in corn/carrots/peas!
    @delirium, how do you know you are in ketosis? Do you use ketosticks or you just know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AlirasMummy View Post
    I'd like to join in too! I need to read up on it all more though. I've got 15 kgs to lose and have lost 15 since I had my 3rd bub in March 2014
    I am in a few facebook groups and have found there is so much information. Search LCHF or banting on FB and join the groups, even just reading other peoples questions is really informative.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I just know GR. My appetite just tapers right off, to the point I have to force myself to eat. It took 2-3 days of pretty rigid low carb to get there.

I got used to drinking black coffee last time, or if I wanted milk I'd add a dash of cream which is much lower in carbs. strangely, cheese has pretty much no carbs so it's not all dairy.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, thought I'd check in to see how everyone is going. Not a great week for me- although I was great at breakfast and dinner, not so good with some snacks during the day. I have enjoyed smoked salmon, chicken, veges, haloumi and tuna meals for dinner this week, and egg (with a touch of onion salt yum) for breakfast. I have struggled to reduce portion size for most of the week (my body is still craving sugar!) but hope I have turned the corner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was out for dinner tonight at a pizza/pasta restaurant. I had 3 slices of a thin crust pizza. The first time I've had any bread like food for 3 months and now I feel awful. I am bloated, have indigestion and feel sick. It must be from the wheat.

One other thing, I had my cholesterol checked during the week and it is really too high. I need to research it and see where things are at and then tweak my diet accordingly. I'm thinking I need to cut some yummy creamy fats, eggs and bacon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am going to do a weigh in on Mondays if that's okay, just to record whats happening- I am down 400g this week. have loved eating yoghurt and blueberries, or an egg and a piece of bacon for brekky, and last night had an anchovy salad which was yummy. Also had yumi olive dip. Beef curry tonight. trying hard to avoid processed snack such as biscuits,choc.