+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I was going to say the same as ZE. My metabolism is shot. Strangely I noticed it after I had the kids. I'm not obese but I'm much the same. I have to exercise a sh*t load and eat ridiculously low cals to lose. At one stage I worked out I couldn't consume over 700 cals a day with a one hour cadio work out if I wanted to lose 1kg a week.

Then right before I got pg with DS2 I found low carb high fat. I gorged on bacon and eggs cooked in butter. Omelettes..... and I dropped a dress size in a month with pretty much no exercise. All the other diets left me starving but I was always full. So I'm back on it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (12-04-2015),Little Ted  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi Little Ted.

Just before I start I just want to say, that doctor is an insensitive ar$ehole!

I have no idea what kind of ways you are or have been tackling your weight loss but have you tried BodyTrim?
    Now, before I go on I don't go in for these fad diets or slimming clubs but around seven yrs ago when I had 25 kilos to lose after the birth of DS1 (I really pack it on in pregnancy) I gave it a shot.
    Back then it was a very basic, very simple plan. No shakes or protein bars, just real food, so it's very possible to do it without all the props. I think he added them for people on the go and out of the house all day. I was at home all day so I found it very simple and yet VERY effective. And not a fad!
    I lost all the baby weight and some and never looked as healthy.
    But more importantly, it taught me lots about timing of meals, what to eat with what and how to eat to get my metabolism firing up.
    It also works with a one day a week cheat day, this is to trick your body not to get used to the same food day in day out. It works.

I used what I had learned after my second pregnancy, and while not following a strict BodyTrim plan, I used the basic rules and lost over 30 kilos.

I am currently fully breastfeeding my 10 week old so I can't just in to anything too strict right now. I've always waited until the four month mark to get in weight loss.
    however, just for my mental health and to fee good about myself I quit sugar two weeks ago and lost four kilos.
    That will tell you how much I was eating, I'm a chocolate fiend haha.

I can't wait to get back on a loose BT plan.
    They do a three day detox to begin with and it really kick starts weight loss.
    I'm just a bit wary of doing it while feeding my little one, you go into ketosis and it's not proven one way to the other if that's safe while breastfeeding.

Like I said, I'm not sure what you've tried and this might be all old news to you but if so, someone reading might find it useful.

ETA: Sorry it took me so long to write my post, sick child here - I should have refreshed before I finished.

Looks like you're realky having a tough time of it.
    I agree with Nomsie, maybe look in to LCHF diets?
    You're probably really in starvation mode.

Can you get full bloodworks done too?
    There might be something else going on.

In saying all that my sister would run rings around me in the fitness department, but still can't shift the weight either.
    I'm hoping after she has her baby she goes and gets it looked in to too.

good luck. X
    Last edited by Phony; 12-04-2015 at 10:05.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Little Ted; 18-04-2015 at 12:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Little Ted; 18-04-2015 at 12:17.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

superclucky  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Little Ted; 18-04-2015 at 12:17.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

Phony  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would also suggest trying low carb high fat. Check out the Real Meal Revolution website. Also Christine Cronau as pp suggested- she has a list of practitioners- naturopaths, nutritionists, dr's that all practice LCHF. It has worked for me, and by the sounds of things you need to try something other than low calorie.

Basically you don't need to count calories, just carbs - most people do less than 25g/ day. A moderate amont of protein (around 1g/kg I think). Then as much fat as you need to not feel hungry.
    Saturated fat is encouraged, low fat foods, processed food and sugar is out.
    Have a look at these lists of foods that you can eat freely/ should avoid etc
    http://realmealrevolution.com/real-food-lists#green

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm new here but been reading along for quite some time :-)

It sounds like there's a lot more going on for you than just simple diet and exercise is going to fix. Check out this book- even though the full book isn't released yet you can read the first section, there's lots of info in there about thyroid and fatigue.

www.thefwordsolution.com

I think a lot of women can relate to what she writes about.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ember For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ember View Post
    I'm new here but been reading along for quite some time :-)

It sounds like there's a lot more going on for you than just simple diet and exercise is going to fix. Check out this book- even though the full book isn't released yet you can read the first section, there's lots of info in there about thyroid and fatigue.

www.thefwordsolution.com

I think a lot of women can relate to what she writes about.
    Thank you - I'll have a read tonight.

Edit: By the way, welcome to the forum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm really sorry if I'm not allowed to post this but I really think it would help. It explains how our hormones, thyroid, chemicals and some food intolerances stop your body from losing weight. It is really good you also get a list of specific tests you can ask your dr for to help find what is causing your individual weightloss resistance. There have been some amazing results from the round I went through. Hope it helps x http://breakthroughprogram.kajabi.co...015?t=46c32bf7

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can't help much with most of this but maybe I can about the thyroid testing. They usually won't do further testing than the TSH unless the TSH is abnormal. It's not covered by Medicare to test the T3 & T4 unless the TSH is abnormal or there is already a diagnosed thyroid problem or you are on medication for a thyroid problem (thyroxine, Neo-mercazole etc). Hope that helps.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubintummy For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (12-04-2015)