+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't have twins, but 2 babies 20 months apart.

My must haves varied for each baby!

DS1: cotton stretchy blankets to snugly hold him down once wrapped (he was extremely wriggly), zip up (not stud) onesies because he pooed like crazy and I was forever changing in the night, lots of Muslin wraps as he weed/pooed/vomited sooo much!

DS2: dummies, he loved them! Muslin wraps. Baby bouncer. Sling. Rocking chair in front of television!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bella25 For This Useful Post:

MrsA2B  (11-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually found cheap hand towels from kmart to be better spew rags as they sat on my shoulder better and werent huge.

Definitely a freezer full of cooked meals ready to go

I also cant do without my carriers. There are ways to wrap with twins and special twin carriers as well but being able to put one in a carrier while you hold the other does sound very useful to me.

If u dont already have one, invest in a travel cup. I put all my hot drinks in mine cause it makes it harder to spill them and keeps them warmer for much longer.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tildy For This Useful Post:

MrsA2B  (11-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Portacot was great for when ds outgrew his bassinet but we weren't ready to put him in his cot in his own room yet.
    Had it right next to me in our room so i could keep an eye on him and easy access for feeding too (was the middle of winter!!)

We got him a fisher price jumperoo - he loved it to bits and it was a total lifesaver for when i needed a quick break to pee, wash bottles etc. Also i think it helped him walk sooner than we expected.

I also love the muslin wraps, we had about 8!! And the cotton interlock wraps from kmart. Ds hated having his arms swaddled, always had them out above his head. But the midwives showed us how to wrap him nice and warm with them but keep his arms out. He slept so well!
    Bibs and facewashers for chewing on when he started teething, he's just turned 2 and still chews on them during sleep time, think it's become a comfort thing for him now.

Breast pads for leaky boobs, never even thought of them but got some for a gift and they were essential, i had to send dh out to buy more!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ssehl For This Useful Post:

MrsA2B  (11-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick post to say thanks for the advice guys! Anyone else want to share?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this post is a bit old but I've just remembered that I bought a sensor called snuza when ds1 was a baby and absolutely loved it. Before having bub I was one of those who thought sensor mats, video monitors etc were a bit unnecessary but after a couple of months I bought it and found it great. It clips onto the nappy and monitors movement of the tummy so it alarms if it sensors no movement or very shallow movements. It very rarely have false alarms and even if it did it wasn't loud enough to wake baby. The great thing about it is as its attached to baby you can use it anywhere, ie in the cot or your bed if you end up bringing baby in especially when feeding. It certainly gave me peace of mind when I was leaving baby alone and it lasted until about 8 months when he started moving too much and the sensor would come off.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

MrsA2B  (23-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by nh2489 View Post
    I know this post is a bit old but I've just remembered that I bought a sensor called snuza when ds1 was a baby and absolutely loved it. Before having bub I was one of those who thought sensor mats, video monitors etc were a bit unnecessary but after a couple of months I bought it and found it great. It clips onto the nappy and monitors movement of the tummy so it alarms if it sensors no movement or very shallow movements. It very rarely have false alarms and even if it did it wasn't loud enough to wake baby. The great thing about it is as its attached to baby you can use it anywhere, ie in the cot or your bed if you end up bringing baby in especially when feeding. It certainly gave me peace of mind when I was leaving baby alone and it lasted until about 8 months when he started moving too much and the sensor would come off.
    I got one too but continuously forgot to put it on ds. I think I used it once. What a waste for us.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

MrsA2B  (23-04-2015)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    must have a play pen or a portacot. a pram that is large enough, but not so huge as to be unmanageable. I did use a baby bath. I used cloth nappies, and so I had nappy buckets. marie.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

MrsA2B  (23-04-2015)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Bumbo was useless, by the time my babes could sit in it... Their chubby baby legs wouldnt fit.

Must have; matress protecter, so many
    Power pee's during the night!!!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

MrsA2B  (23-04-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (23-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Must have - zip up swaddle bags for my little houdini, terry flat nappies (these make great spew cloths)

Play pen has become a life saver now that hes mobile so i can prepare his meals, use the bathroom etc without worrying about him getting into something he shouldnt. Wasnt necessary till he was mobile though, when he was little i just put him in his pram or bouncer instead.

Baby bath, & once older a bath seat to go in the big bath - much easier than trying to support a wriggly slippery baby, especially if they dont want to lie down like mine (always had to sit up, lol).

Never bothered with a bumbo or a walker

17. The Following User Says Thank You to heartstringz For This Useful Post:

MrsA2B  (23-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Must have

Capsule
    Breast pump
    "Zipped swaddle jackets"