+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS - I am proud of how compassionate he is, how smart he is and that he yearns to learn. I am proud that he questions things, the way people think and the way the world works. I am proud that he is a kind, protective and loving brother. I am proud of his hilarious sense of humour.

DD - I am proud that she makes the world a better place with one smile. I am proud to watch her discover and learn, I am proud of the love and laughter she exudes.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Trusty Chords  (12-04-2015)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What are you proud of your kids for?

I'm proud of my DS1 for really not giving a **** about what others think of him. He dances in random places, wears pink with absolute pride despite comments from others, and is beautifully quirky.

I'm proud of my DS2 for having to wear a needle 24/7, in addition to the other medical crap he endures. He just takes it all in his stride with a smile on his face.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I'm proud of my DS1 for really not giving a **** about what others think of him. He dances in random places, wears pink with absolute pride despite comments from others, and is beautifully quirky.

I'm proud of my DS2 for having to wear a needle 24/7, in addition to the other medical crap he endures. He just takes it all in his stride with a smile on his face.
    Your boys and you are freakin' awesome. Your DS2 is a constant source of inspiration to me xx

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Trusty Chords  (12-04-2015),Witwicky  (11-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can you be proud of a 2 and half year old? Because she just goes about her toddler life without really knowing what she has endured.
    And she has been through so much.
    Most of all I'm so proud she walks and I love that she's exceeding Dr's expectations each day.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

ABigDeepBreath  (12-04-2015),BigRedV  (11-04-2015),tamute  (12-04-2015),Trusty Chords  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Can you be proud of a 2 and half year old? Because she just goes about her toddler life without really knowing what she has endured.
    And she has been through so much.
    Most of all I'm so proud she walks and I love that she's exceeding Dr's expectations each day.
    Hell yes! Your little person has endured and overcome more in her two and a half years than most people do in a lifetime.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (11-04-2015),Trusty Chords  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD1 - her reading has improved out of sight the last week or two. Her behaviour is a bit off at the moment so I guess that's the compromise

DS - first official game of footy ever today and he scored a try! I must add that it's not difficult to score in u/6's

DD2 - is almost 28 months and knows all her colours
    Last edited by BigRedV; 11-04-2015 at 22:00.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

tamute  (12-04-2015),Trusty Chords  (12-04-2015)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    Your boys and you are freakin' awesome. Your DS2 is a constant source of inspiration to me xx
    Thank you lovely As you are for me

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm proud of DS almost 3, when another child takes a toy off him he says 'that's ok' and finds something else to play with. im also proud that he is affectionate and loving. When I wasn't feeling well the other day he hugged me and said to me "you're my best friend mum. I love you. I hope you feel better in the morning"

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bc1984 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2 year old has the most beautiful manners. If she wants the iPad she says "daddy, me play game, please?" "Thank you daddy". Obviously if we say no, her response is not well mannered at all 😜 but we're working on that.

Also I'm proud in general of how well she communicates. From a young age, I have been astounded at the things she is able to comprehend and now that she can speak, it's even more amazing.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm proud of DD's concentration and attention to things she's interested in. She LOVES book, will listen so closely, and has been able to recite whole books since she was about 18 months old. She also corrects anyone who misreads/mispronounces a word in a book she's heard a couple of times She's recently (at 2.5) really got the hang of counting, and can consistently count accurately if she pays attention to what she's counting.

Also proud of how she attempts to piece everything together and apply it, particularly with regard to people: waiting if someone's using something, offering a hug if someone seems upset etc. My favourite example, from about 6 months ago was: me - "DD, I'm very disappointed that you X" "Mummy's disappointed. Mummy needs a hug." (comes over and hugs me).

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post: