+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What are you proud of your kids for?

Today my 8 year old girl got up in front of a bunch of tough skater kids (read boys) and was the only girl to enter a skate comp. This is a kid that has been bullied since she was in prep and today she got up and didn't choke and killed it. I was so proud of her and skating is starting to give her the confidence to stand up for herself. It's not easy to be a girl and want to skateboard because you just don't get the same peer support as guys . I'm not letting anything kill the high of that today I am so proud of her.

What are you proud of your kids for?

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Trusty Chords For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (11-04-2015),BettyW  (11-04-2015),Cue  (11-04-2015),FrothyFrog  (12-04-2015),Just*Ace  (11-04-2015),MrsMSL  (11-04-2015),Sabochan  (11-04-2015),smallpotatoes  (11-04-2015),tamute  (11-04-2015),Whirligig  (12-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyBovine View Post
    My DD1 recognised one of her friends was in serious trouble with her home life and took her to the school counsellor for help.

DD1 has befriended a girl with special needs at school who is bullied and my DD at school and will stand up for her.
    That's really cool to see you are raising a kind hearted kid high five to you and her.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Trusty Chords For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (11-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What are you proud of your kids for?

@HappyBovine you rule and it's good to see some people like to focus on the good.
    Last edited by Mod-Zeddie; 11-04-2015 at 19:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My daughter is only 4, and being the only child and only grandchild/niece, she is incredibly spoilt. You would think that would make her a brat (and sometimes she sure is!) but she is so incredibly kind hearted and sweet. I have had to have so many blood tests and needles lately and she refuses to let me go without her because 'I need to hold your hand mummy and kiss away the hurt'. She has her close friends at school but she will leave them if someone is lonely or is new and doesn't have friends, she will go and look after them. I'm so proud of how kind and compassionate she is

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Just*Ace For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (11-04-2015),Cue  (11-04-2015),Trusty Chords  (11-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Just*Ace View Post
    My daughter is only 4, and being the only child and only grandchild/niece, she is incredibly spoilt. You would think that would make her a brat (and sometimes she sure is!) but she is so incredibly kind hearted and sweet. I have had to have so many blood tests and needles lately and she refuses to let me go without her because 'I need to hold your hand mummy and kiss away the hurt'. She has her close friends at school but she will leave them if someone is lonely or is new and doesn't have friends, she will go and look after them. I'm so proud of how kind and compassionate she is
    That's so sweet! I am so big on encouraging kids when they do good rather than focusing on negatives. I think it's so important for their self esteem and well being. Sounds like you are doing an awesome job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    100 views and 2 people reply Either people are just not that proud or some people really love to hear what I've got to say. That's ok I'm happy to provide the entertainment for the bored because I know just how much boredom sucks a big one…

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trusty Chords For This Useful Post:

Just*Ace  (11-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My ds is only just turned 1 but I am so proud of him and how he learns something new everyday. He's such a happy and confident little man it just makes my heart swell.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (11-04-2015),Trusty Chords  (11-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd I was going to say work ethic but it's like that only applying to her whole life. Work school sports charity family friends. She puts in her everything and holds herself to such a high standard and makes everything she is involved in hilarious for everyone involved, in everything she does I really couldn't be more proud of the amazing person she is😊
    Next one is much younger so a little smaller in terms but still super proud
    Ds1 his constant supply of energy, his incredible bravery and impressive sporting skills. His build anything/fix anything skill acquired from his dad 😊
    And my two littlest men
    Ds2 is very loving and sweet and empathetic to everyone. He is a good sharer and has good sportsmanship skills and is a very tolerant big brother and s good friend to others. And he is awesome at maths 😊
    Ds3 is my cheeky chop. Ever the class clown giving us a never ending source of laughter. And is recently transitioning to his own bed which is hard for him so I'm very proud of his efforts. And he has a made a best friend 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is the little things that i am proud of sometimes like tonight ds1 8 drying his little brother ds2 who is 2 because I was getting dinner ready and when I have parent teacher interview and told that my ds1 is up level with the other kids with his reading this is the kid that at the start of year 2 last year he was only at a level 2 reader and had no confidence thanks to a useless teacher in year 1 who made him feel useless and not worthy of learning. Thanks to a lot of hard from him us and his teacher last year and this year he is back on track and actually enjoying reading that he will sit and read a book all by himself with out being told.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to tamute For This Useful Post:

Trusty Chords  (11-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin275 View Post
    My ds is only just turned 1 but I am so proud of him and how he learns something new everyday. He's such a happy and confident little man it just makes my heart swell.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Sometimes I forget how much they develop in those first years… (My baby is 4) They really grow and maze you so much in such a short amount of time.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Trusty Chords For This Useful Post:

munchkin275  (11-04-2015)