Closed Thread
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I don't think TB in the standard suite of vaccinations for Australian kids.
    There's actually a birth dose for babies that are ATSI, travelling/living in Indigenous communities, migrant parents from high risk countries (SE Asia, India, PNG, South America, Africa, Middle East, Pacific Islands and some European countries) or those that will be visiting/living in high risk countries.

So not standard for all babies, but standard for a fair whack of newborns in Australia.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alliecat89 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (07-12-2015),HollyGolightly81  (07-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My son has already had chicken pox from childcare. We are all vaccinated. Even our pets. Grandparents got boosters before kids were born too.

My views is it should be law and if you don't vax you should be reported for neglect. I'm very passionate about this after DS being on life support. Vaccines save lives. Simple really.

I still respect everyone elses fears, choices but this is my view.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (07-12-2015),LaDiDah  (08-12-2015),Nemmi1987  (07-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yup it comes across the border from PNG (where it's rife) into FNQ. I don't think TB in the standard suite of vaccinations for Australian kids. TB isn't as contagious as measles, etc though.
    It's probably not part of the vax schedule as Australia is much more vigilant in terms of immigrant health, when I applied for my de facto visa I had to have a full health check (blood tests, chest X-ray, breast exam, etc) whereas when we applied for our UK visas a couple years ago we didn't have to do anything in regards of health checks. I don't think offering the TB vax to newborns is UK wide, it would just be parts where they feel it's more of a problem. DS was born in a different council than our current one and the recommendation was to do it at 2 weeks old as it was more of an issue in that area, I believe our current council's recommendation is within the first year.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

DT75  (08-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by alliecat89 View Post
    There's actually a birth dose for babies that are ATSI, travelling/living in Indigenous communities, migrant parents from high risk countries (SE Asia, India, PNG, South America, Africa, Middle East, Pacific Islands and some European countries) or those that will be visiting/living in high risk countries.

So not standard for all babies, but standard for a fair whack of newborns in Australia.
    Ohh thank you!! I had no idea. My GP never mentioned this. I will ask at my DD's next checkup. We fall into the above category.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Y
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Isn't it one with the wind and sky?

Shall we fight about that?
    you are right! I stand corrected.

See, we can agree on stuff!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Parents who don't vaccinate their children are set to lose FTA after the next...

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    Y
    you are right! I stand corrected.

See, we can agree on stuff!!
    Kum ba yah

I'm leaving this thread. What a mess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Parents who don't vaccinate their children are set to lose FTA after the next...

Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    Planes are gross in terms of germs...but the person being told to consider these things is someone who watched their newborn go through WC and still chooses not to vax based on fear of the vaccinations. I don't think strangers on a forum are going to convince her of anything more than it being a really bad idea to be honest about being anti vax. I don'tknow what the pp's illness is, but physical or mental...this is probably too much for her right now.
    I agree. My traveling comment was just a general discussion about my thoughts on it following a couple other posts about traveling to countries unvaccinated.

I completely understand severe anxiety, I'm sure many read my post about being scared to get on a plane a few weeks ago. I am completely frightened to form an attachment to my current pregnancy because I'm convinced the baby is already dead or will die and my son still sleeps with a breathing monitor because even at 22 months I'm still petrified of SIDS, or at his age SCDS (I think that's what they call it...) and a monitor is the only way I can try and get some sleep. But in most cases of anxiety, like a fear of spiders, it's not dangerous or effecting anyone else like the choice to anti-vax is. I think that's why people get so up in arms about it, because many of us are scared of the consequences of our children coming in contact with somebody who has made the choice not to vax, so we say what we can to try and get them to rethink their decision or to help somebody who is reading along and on the fence about what choice to make.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 07-12-2015 at 23:59.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (08-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohh thank you!! I had no idea. My GP never mentioned this. I will ask at my DD's next checkup. We fall into the above category.
    http://www.health.gov.au/internet/ma...ntent/cdi3701h

The recommendations for BCG in Australia

I work in a high risk area of Australia and easily refer at least one baby a day to their BCG.

I guess those working in low-risk areas wouldn't be as familiar with the recommendations for it.

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Speaking of bringing in diseases from overseas....

http://www.news.com.au/national/brea...efbae70c024974

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yikes!!

The virus my son had is cycling it's next cycle. It comes in rounds apparently '2year cycles'. A baby died last week. 5 weeks old. I haven't slept nearly all week due to fear of what might be wrong with DS still. They are making a vaccine though so yay. Lol