Closed Thread
Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Currently in most states they plan to not pay CC rebates or the end of financial year supps. But unvaxxed kids aren't banned from CC persay, the govt just refuses to fund their care.

French is saying she would ban them altogether.

Correct me if I'm wrong @ExcuseMyFrench?
    Right on the money!

Sorry I was being specific to any poster situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I got what @ExcuseMyFrench is saying and I largely agree with her.

But ffrenchknickers doesn't use childcare so how does this impact on her?
    Sorry Ffrenchie gets the EOFY supps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    You also do not get FTB supplements - which she is currently receiving.
    They're only the ones that are paid once a year. Government is trying to remove them anyway so I doubt in a few years well still get them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I got what @ExcuseMyFrench is saying and I largely agree with her.

But ffrenchknickers doesn't use childcare so how does this impact on her?
    Sorry it was a general statement, not a reaction to any of ffrenchknickers posts. I try and stay away from personal situations especially with such emotional topics!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    I don't really know how it works either as it's the first time for us but at the moment it is keeping us afloat paying for two houses.

Sure, we could tell our 11 year old who was just chosen out of the whole of Brisbane to go to Spain on the u12 soccer team that he can't go, but that's not going to happen, im not going to steal his dreams because my body is faulty!������

We have already had to make a lot of sacrifices due to me not working, this was not part of the plan. I hate myself so much for being sick.

I just can't read anymore. I support all human beings even if we have different beliefs, I am clearly terrified out of my brain for my gorgeous gorgeous family and people can still be harsh and not even try to understand.
    Hi, firstly you have my sympathy- while I am not afraid of vaccinations per se, I have needle phobia.

There are a lot of people on here who are doing it tough and cannot support their family without govt assistance. But to get that assistance you have to meet the requirements. It is that simple.

You have a real fear, I respect that. Talk to someone about it- a gp, a nurse, a community support worker, a counsellor... someone.

This is YOUR fear though. Not your children's.
    Should your son miss out on a chance to go overseas because of your fear? No. Talk to him. Talk to all your kids.

It really is simple- without x we can't have y.

Your son is 11. His trip is not a dream, it is a want. I'm not saying that makes it inconsequential. BUT there are people out there who cannot afford food without assistance, so it's hard to feel huge sympathy for going without lifestyle wants, rather than needs.

You haven't actually said what you are afraid of either.
    I had a reaction to the MMR as a kid- didn't stop my parents vaccinating the other 4 kids, or me again later. Vaccines change.

The risk of a reaction is so so low. And the risk of that reaction causing major problems is even lower.
    Your children have more chance of reacting to penicillin- will you refuse medication for tonsillitis?
    I am not trying to dismiss your fears, but if what you need these payments for is that important, you need to do everything to get them.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (07-12-2015),BettyV  (07-12-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-12-2015),Frankenmum  (07-12-2015),gingermillie  (07-12-2015),HollyGolightly81  (07-12-2015),kiwimum890  (07-12-2015),Nemmi1987  (07-12-2015),smallpotatoes  (07-12-2015),SoThisIsLove  (07-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ffrench knickers I don't know anyone who has reacted adversely. Can you till us more about what you saw so we understand your fears better?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (07-12-2015),Nemmi1987  (07-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Parents who don't vaccinate their children are set to lose FTA after the next...

I swore I wasn't going to reply again but yes making this team is a dream, it may not be a NEED but he has the chance to be offered a soccer contract which means his dream of having a soccer career may come true, he has trained for 6 years to get there and we are fundraising to make it happen for him. I'd like to see anyone turn around and tell their child they can't follow their dreams.
    This is what he wants to do as a profession. I would never ever compare that to not being able to put food on the table! Ever!

It's not even about that, I only mentioned it as someone commented about making sacrifices. We are making sacrifices so he can do this. Yes, we are now struggling to put food on the table by the end of each week. I've ALWAYS fought for people on benefits, I was never one of them but I've always been that person that understands and feels for and gives to those in need.....and we still do despite the position we are now temporarily in. And people who have known me from here for over 11 years know that.

And talking to professionals, I keep mentioning that we have visited and revisited this for SIXTEEN years. That's been done and even having a newborn with whooping cough has not changed our minds, that's how strongly we feel about it.

Nobody wants to be receiving any benefits, we sure don't. MY dream is that I can miraculously get better and go back to work, VERY SOON, then none of this will matter....for us....but I still feel for other people who it will affect. Hopefully this new restriction will be overturned.

As for what I've seen. A family close to us had two perfectly healthy sons, a few years apart. First one after his 4 year old vaccinations became wheelchair bound, unable to communicate or function as a normal kid. He had a fever of 40 degrees and it was blamed on the fever! A fever of 40 degrees does NOT cause that or any kind of damage. Same thing happened with the second son as they chose to vaccinate him believing 'the professionals' telling them it was the fever. It's absolutely awful. And there's more, but I'm off to my sons primary school graduation.

How do I turn off notification to this thread? It keeps sending me sms and I no longer wish to comment. I love my family, I love all human beings and understand that everyone has their own beliefs and struggles and I go out of my way to at least try and understand, even if I don't agreed, because until you've walked in someone shoes, you have no idea at all.
    Last edited by Ffrenchknickers; 07-12-2015 at 18:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I think we need some more info as to why you are so afraid? Perhaps that's why a pp called u a drama queen because u keep going on about being so afraid without elaborating.

Do you really think your fears are warranted when so many get vaccines without reactions? Everything comes with risk. Its about weighing up those risks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    I swore I wasn't going to reply again but yes making this team is a dream, it may not be a NEED but he has the chance to be offered a soccer contract which means his dream of having a soccer career may come true, he has trained for 6 years to get there and we are fundraising to make it happen for him. I'd like to see anyone turn around and tell their child they can't follow their dreams.
    This is what he wants to do as a profession. I would never ever compare that to not being able to put food on the table! Ever!

It's not even about that, I only mentioned it as someone commented about making sacrifices. We are making sacrifices so he can do this. Yes, we are now struggling to put food on the table by the end of each week. I've ALWAYS fought for people on benefits, I was never one of them but I've always been that person that understands and feels for and gives to those in need.....and we still do despite the position we are now temporarily in. And people who have known me from here for over 11 years know that.

And talking to professionals, I keep mentioning that we have visited and revisited this for SIXTEEN years. That's been done and even having a newborn with whooping cough has not changed our minds, that's how strongly we feel about it.

Nobody wants to be receiving any benefits, we sure don't. MY dream is that I can miraculously get better and go back to work, VERY SOON, then none of this will matter....for us....but I still feel for other people who it will affect. Hopefully this new restriction will be overturned.

As for what I've seen. A family close to us had two perfectly healthy sons, a few years apart. First one after his 4 year old vaccinations became wheelchair bound, unable to communicate or function as a normal kid. He had a fever of 40 degrees and it was blamed on the fever! A fever of 40 degrees does NOT cause that or any kind of damage. Same thing happened with the second son as they chose to vaccinate him believing 'the professionals' telling them it was the fever. It's absolutely awful. And there's more, but I'm off to my sons primary school graduation.

How do I turn off notification to this thread? It keeps sending me sms and I no longer wish to comment. I love my family, I love all human beings and understand that everyone has their own beliefs and struggles and I go out of my way to at least try and understand, even if I don't agreed, because until you've walked in someone shoes, you have no idea at all.
    Fever can be pretty damaging, and I think the reaction to a fever depends on the person.

But that's the fever doing it, not the vaccine. Sounds like both kids were prone to fever?

I can understand why that would be scary. But fever also isn't instant, so if you vaccinated your kids you could check them regularly and go straight to hospital if you were worried.

You could also get the biggest and oldest one vaccinated first since he'll be the most able to cope with a fever.

That's what I meant about seeing your GP - you could perhaps discuss your fears and see if there are some strategies to mitigate risk of adverse events.

Adverse events happen, fever is a common one. My son got a fever from his six month shots so we kept an eye on him.

There's risk in everything you do. You have to weigh up whether the reward (immunity) is worth the risk, personally for me knowing I was protecting other babies as well as my own is a pretty strong reward versus the risk - a very small chance of an adverse event.

But before you even weigh up risks you can strategise to mitigate them.

If fever is a worry, go to hospital. I would just think it's worth discussing with a doctor to see what they can come up with to minimise any potential risks.

I know it's scary when something bad happens to someone you know.

Someone's in a car accident so you're scared of driving, someone has a miscarriage so we are terrified our whole pregnancy - I totally get that.

But just because something happened to someone you know, doesn't mean it'll happen to you. Especially if statistically there's only a really small incidence of that thing happening. Based on likelihood you'd be better off avoiding driving than the vaccines.

Anyway I'm not trying to convince you I know people who are anti vax can never be convinced...

If you want to unsubscribe you can click a button and untick subscribe and you should stop getting notifications.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (07-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I'm treading carefully and trying to be respectful. But there is usually no medical proof of people's experiences of a vax-injury link. Correlation does not imply causation. I can't and won't speak of Ffrenchie's friend, but take for example autism. Now we know without a doubt there isn't a link between the MMR and the disorder. But the reason the belief started was bc the onset often happened after the 2 year vax. So some assumed it was causality. When really is was just sad coincidence. Autism often presents around the 2 year mark when the vax happens to take place. That doesn't mean MMR causes autism and we now know it doesn't.

There are so many factors that may cause 'reactions'. Genes, coincidence, virus and illness not related to vaccines. Environmental issues - ingesting something, something in the dirt, in the walls, mould. IMHO a vast majority of believed reactions are in fact the above.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

ArthurDent  (07-12-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-12-2015),gingermillie  (07-12-2015),HollyGolightly81  (07-12-2015),LaDiDah  (08-12-2015),Nemmi1987  (07-12-2015),smallpotatoes  (07-12-2015)