Closed Thread
Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    They will only lose the supplement paid out at the end of the year.

I posted the link a few pages back saying who will be affected. FTB A SUPPLEMENT! Not the actually yearly benefit.
    Last edited by waterlily; 13-04-2015 at 10:39.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

delirium  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    They will only lose the supplement paid out at the end of the year.

I posted the link a few pages back saying who will be affected. FTB A SUPPLEMENT! Not the actually yearly benefit.
    And losing the supplement if you're not up to date with vaccinations has been happening for a while now too, although now the CO form will count for nothing.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elleandsam For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-04-2015),ThenThereWereThree  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicia111 View Post
    Wow!!! That's an over reaction!!!
    There are obviously people who need government benefits, did I say we should abolish these benefits entirely? No, I did not.

I have a neighbor who flaunts his drug use and brags that he is on handouts (while living with his elderly mother). He is perfectly capable of working but does not even attempt to find a job.

It is people like him who I am speaking about, not pensioners or students or carers of disabled etc.

In many countries the government does not help people financially, and there are people here (not all people) who take government benefits for granted.

I never mentioned pensioners or anything like that but I stand by drug testing as I have seen first hand where my tax dollars are going with him and I do not agree with it.

Obviously not everyone who is on handouts are on drugs, that is just ludicrous.
    I get that, but my point is that asking 'people on benefits' to take drug tests isn't as black as white as it seems. The drug and benefit abusing is a minority but sadly goes across the whole board of government handouts. It would take ridiculous amounts of money (isn't Australia supposed to be in serious debt?) to test everyone and if, IF anything like this was to ever happen, it would be paid for with money that has been cut from each and every benefit including the deserving like pensioners, SAHM ect.

Unfortunately, with our greedy government, there is just no other way around it.
    Punish one and you punish the masses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin275 View Post
    I am not sure why you quoted me for this. I was stating that I don't believe that there should be religious exemptions?

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I was agreeing with you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by elleandsam View Post
    And I'll add that while the stories about druggies on the dole getting a free ride are frustrating and infuriating they are anecdotal and do not prove that there is a wide spread drug on welfare problem - which there isn't.
    And it is frustrating for sure, especially for those of us who do the right thing but as others have said, punishing many for a few bad eggs just doesn't seem emright t up me.

I thought that the supplement was already withheld for non vaxxers? Why all this media over something that is already in place? Or are they saying those with a CO aren't exempt anymore?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    And it is frustrating for sure, especially for those of us who do the right thing but as others have said, punishing many for a few bad eggs just doesn't seem emright t up me.

I thought that the supplement was already withheld for non vaxxers? Why all this media over something that is already in place? Or are they saying those with a CO aren't exempt anymore?
    That's exactly what they're doing.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to elleandsam For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I was agreeing with you.
    My apologies

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week

With the current system you only need a CO form to keep getting paid. They are now proposing any non vaxxed child, with a CO form or not, will not recieve FTB A

13. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it’s a slippery slope, is this how the government is going to force people to do what they want? What choices are next? The government is bribing/blackmailing/forcing parents into doing something they feel is genuinely harmful to their child. There will be two groups of people this will affect, those with money who it will have little impact on, and those without who will be further disadvantaged. Maybe they should remove payments for those who are engaged in illegal activities, the druggos, the abusers, the drink drivers, the fraudsters. You can commit a crime and face lesser financial penalties. Who is next. This is not how a free democratic society operates.
    How about those of you who have boys and haven't circumcised, there are benefits to circumcising in terms of individual and public health, one study put the benefits as outweighing the risks 100 to 1. There are even those who push for it to be mandatory, would that be fair to financially penalise families who don't circumcise?
    Vaccines are not without risk, they conduct a risk vs benefit analysis and make a decision. This Infanrix Hexa safety data report provided by the manufacturer details numerous severe adverse effects and deaths. An excerpt of possible issues states "The Company will continue to monitor cases of anaemia haemolytic autoimmune,thrombocytopenia, thrombocytopenic purpura, autoimmune thrombocytopenia, idiopathicthrombocytopenic purpura, haemolytic anemia, cyanosis, injection site nodule, abcessand injection site abscess, Kawasaki’s disease, important neurological events (includingencephalitis and encephalopathy), Henoch-Schonlein purpura, petechiae, purpura,haematochezia, allergic reactions (including anaphylactic and anaphylactoid reactions),cases of lack of effectiveness as well as fatal cases". Parents are not refusing vaxes on a whim, they genuinely feel their children are at risk. Imagine how that would feel, to be forced to do something you think will harm your child to put food on the table. Imagine the feelings of grief and anxiety that will bring.

If they were serious they would expand the whooping cough vax program to be free for all adults and they would be developing more effective whooping cough vaccines for a variety of strains. In the last 2 years I have encountered 4 cases of children under 5 with whooping cough, all had been vaccinated. The percentage of children who have a conscientious objection is 1.7%, of which some are partially vaccinated. If you were to look at adult statistics I would imagine at least half would not have current whooping cough immunity. But taking money off people on welfare saves them money and expanding the vaccination schedule to adults would cost them money.
    In terms of declaring a personal interest in this I have an older partially vaxxed child and younger child who is not vaxxed. I had considered delayed vaxxing with him but as a baby he went through bouts of sickness that had all the signs of an allergy so we did not vax, we now know he has a severe intolerance to salicylates so I continue to not vax. We hold a conscientious objection to vaxxing which if it is removed will amount to an extra cost to us of $1200 a year for OOSH, which is negligible to us. I donate that amount each year to charities. If I wanted to offset the extra cost to us I could stop donating. Families dependent on welfare will not have that luxury, they will either go without or be forced to consent to vaccines.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hootenanny For This Useful Post:

loislane2010  (13-04-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default Parents who don't vaccinate their children are set to lose FTA after the next...

I think I've read all the posts on here so sorry if I've missed any, but...

I find this statement from Morrison in the OP's linked article absolutely terrifying:

"We're a free country, and we're for free society, but that doesn't mean you get to take taxpayers' money if you don't want to go along with the rules."

I am staunchly pro-vax, but it's not illegal not to vaccinate! These people (CO specifically) are following the rules!

I would love the government to do something proactive and effective about the terrifying increase in antivax families in Australia, but, yeah, I don't think this is all that it's about.

I find his statement rather revealing and a little terrifying. Isn't he the Minister for Immigration as well?

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Chunkydunks  (13-04-2015),LoveLivesHere  (13-04-2015)