Closed Thread
Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm for it but I think they should also be drug testing people to receive benefits.

People rely too much on the government these days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicia111 View Post
    I'm for it but I think they should also be drug testing people to receive benefits.

I am way to tired to reply properly to this.

This attitude makes me want to scream and cry at the same time.

People on benefits being treated like the scum of the earth makes my blood boil.

3. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (12-04-2015),beebs  (12-04-2015),Blooms  (12-04-2015),Busy-Bee  (13-04-2015),Chunkydunks  (12-04-2015),delirium  (13-04-2015),HappyBovinexx  (12-04-2015),Lillynix  (13-04-2015),misskittyfantastico  (12-04-2015),Ontherun  (13-04-2015),RaraMum  (16-04-2015),SoThisIsLove  (13-04-2015),TableDancer  (12-04-2015),ThenThereWereThree  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I agree. Very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post

People on benefits being treated like the scum of the earth makes my blood boil.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (12-04-2015),elleandsam  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post

Me too. I was biting my tongue on this one.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Parents who don't vaccinate their children are set to lose FTA after the next...

Not all families who choose anti-vac are on welfare. If the government really wants to crack down, my opinion is that they should scrap something they'll really need like Medicare. And that's a big if!

I think the government is just using this current (and highly unfortunate) anti-vac 'hype' to their advantages, looking for any worm hole they can squeeze into un noticed so they can scrap what they can without looking like villains again. All this new policy is going to bring is further downward spirals of our poorer communities and our poorer communities only. Oh wait, that's exactly what they want......

Sorry for the politics bashing. This scrap is CRAP and I can totally see past your fake knight in shining armour act, Abbot!
    Last edited by Mod-Degrassi; 13-04-2015 at 09:35. Reason: Inflammatory

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blooms For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (13-04-2015),Chunkydunks  (12-04-2015),Ontherun  (13-04-2015),ThenThereWereThree  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Who would have thought Tony Abbots finest moment comes in a stance against anti vaxxers. I hate the man but I like him just a bit more right now.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-04-2015),JR03  (13-04-2015),Meld85  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Parents who don't vaccinate their children are set to lose FTA after the next...

Quote Originally Posted by Alicia111 View Post

Great idea! How do you think they should they drug test? Who do you think they should drug test?

Should they start with the job starters? They're all pretty lazy aren't they? Especially those ones actively out, day in day out, trying to find actual jobs. Ugh! Give me a break!
    Or maybe the ones on student benefits? How dare they waste our tax paying dollars to get a full time education to make our country better! Bah! Can't stand them low life's!
    Or! Or! What about those on disability benefits!! They TOTALLY need drug tests! Dodgy ********!
    No! Even better! Pensioners!!! Gah. Who needs to keep our elders living anyways!

But! The ones that really get under my skin though, like, REALLY under my skin, are the ex soldiers, women who have given still birth, aborigines and Torres islanders, individuals solely caring for a disabled family member or a sick family member and all those other little insignificant benefits that Australians are 'entitled' to....

I really think you've got a great problem solving idea there and your totally right! People DO rely on government benefits too much these days.... It's just a pity it's not always for the reasons you think it is

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Blooms For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-04-2015),Busy-Bee  (13-04-2015),Chunkydunks  (13-04-2015),CompareTheMeerkat  (13-04-2015),delirium  (13-04-2015),Lillynix  (13-04-2015),LoveLivesHere  (13-04-2015),MummaCat  (13-04-2015),RaraMum  (16-04-2015),ThenThereWereThree  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blooms View Post
    Great idea! How do you think they should they drug test? Who do you think they should drug test?

Should they start with the job starters? They're all pretty lazy aren't they? Especially those ones actively out, day in day out, trying to find actual jobs. Ugh! Give me a break!
    Or maybe the ones on student benefits? How dare they waste our tax paying dollars to get a full time education to make our country better! Bah! Can't stand them low life's!
    Or! Or! What about those on disability benefits!! They TOTALLY need drug tests! Dodgy ********!
    No! Even better! Pensioners!!! Gah. Who needs to keep our elders living anyways!

But! The ones that really get under my skin though, like, REALLY under my skin, are the ex soldiers, women who have given still birth, aborigines and Torres islanders, individuals solely caring for a disabled family member or a sick family member and all those other little insignificant benefits that Australians are 'entitled' to....

I really think you've got a great problem solving idea there and your totally right! People DO rely on government benefits too much these days.... It's just a pity it's not always for the reasons you think it is
    Definitely pensioners, and probably stay at home mums? Oh and those getting CCB or CCR, these are still a form of benefits and we don't want them slipping past the drug busters just because they might be working parents.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TableDancer For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-04-2015),ThenThereWereThree  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week

I officially love you!!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

Blooms  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow!!! That's an over reaction!!!
    There are obviously people who need government benefits, did I say we should abolish these benefits entirely? No, I did not.

I have a neighbor who flaunts his drug use and brags that he is on handouts (while living with his elderly mother). He is perfectly capable of working but does not even attempt to find a job.

It is people like him who I am speaking about, not pensioners or students or carers of disabled etc.

In many countries the government does not help people financially, and there are people here (not all people) who take government benefits for granted.

I never mentioned pensioners or anything like that but I stand by drug testing as I have seen first hand where my tax dollars are going with him and I do not agree with it.

Obviously not everyone who is on handouts are on drugs, that is just ludicrous.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alicia111 For This Useful Post:

loislane2010  (13-04-2015),Ontherun  (13-04-2015),StillHopeful  (13-04-2015)